Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All and Merry Christmas , New Year etc!

My local Ferari garage tell me that they cannot repair or replace my stereo in my 456...It is imade by sony and is in 3 parts.

Also, since brand new i have had a noise from the rear right hand corner of the car....kind of like a wheezing old man. Noise happens when i go over a bump or brake....Yes i thought it was the rear shock, and so did Ferrari, but despite changing this i still get the noise....any ideas? :D

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hi essbee

Speakers are a funny thing, they can make noises at the weirdest times. Sounds like something is loose back there, a wire or something. No such thing as a radio that cant be replaced, factory or aftermarket. Go to another dealer.

Keep us posted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
456 radio and rear hissing

Thanks for your post....I have tried in the UK, France and Monaco for a stereo replacement but no luck.....apparently it is a discontinued sony line.

The hissing at the rear is a gas sound and is definitely not from the radio...... after changing shocks and a gas resevoir in the rear we are still no closer to finding the problem.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I had a similar problem with the stereo on my 456 GT. It worked when it wanted and I was preparing to replace it but decided to part with the car instead. The brief work I did on finding a replacement indicated that there are 3rd party systems that can be used. I think Alpine or Pioneer made one. Other option is to try Kinnie at:

http://www.ferrariparts.tk/

to see if he has the stereo from the 456 GT he was breaking up last year.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts