Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 430 Scuderia. I want to attend some track days next year and wanted to get a separate set of tires and wheels.
I am not wanting to go larger. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I would recommend the following tires for track days: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R, Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport RS or Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R.
The Sport Cup is the best in dry conditions (handling/braking) while the Trofeo is slightly better in wet conditions. The SuperSport has the lowest weight, close to the Sport Cup in dry handling but far behind the 2 others in wet.
As the Scuderia has the E-DIFF, do not attempt to put any slick tires. The above 3 tires are the absolute maximum grip you can use which is already at the limit of what the E-DIFF can handle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hay Mike, I have a Scud primarily used on track. I've used many combinations.
No offense to Stef but I run P-zero slicks only. I have the same Penske coilovers developed for the 430 gt cars, 4x the spring rate of the stock Scud. On very hot days it is possible to overheat the F1 diff but almost never happens and is fine after cooling down- happened 2x in 4 years. 1:[email protected] watkins glen

The real trick is add some grip without overwhelming the very soft springs & dampen rates. These cars are amazing because they are balanced. Sport cups are my recommendation. For wheels i would goto 458 challenge car widths 9x19F 11x19R? Check me on that. You can keep the same size tires as stock on the wider wheels. Forgeline is my preferred, very light & strong, bbs is second- multi-piece so you need a repectable shop to change tires without messing up the seals.

Great car, its a beast, enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Love to see your feedback @rmarchjr (y) , interesting you've been tracking your Scud with slicks. But I fear that this will eat up the E-DIFF friction disks. I've seen already several cases like this which caused also metal fillings to contaminate the E-DIFF/F1 hydraulic fluid damaging the F1 actuator as a consequence. That why the 430 Challenge came without E-DIFF. Just be careful, this can get quite pricey to repair ;) Enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts