Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Has anyone else out there heard or seen the rumour of limited production of only 300 430 Scuderia Spiders to be made? It will be released with the new 7-speed dual clutch transmission system which will debut in the brand new Ferrari California.

November 5th is the date when the Ferrari Challenge at Mugello commences and it is the expected venue of the unveiling of the new model.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Didn't hear of it, but it would be interesting to see a car with those characteristics you said.

Still, I prefer hard-core sports cars with a fixed roof

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Didn't hear of it, but it would be interesting to see a car with those characteristics you said.

Still, I prefer hard-core sports cars with a fixed roof
Like the F50;)

I think the Scudi Spider looks great, but I don't like cars with roofs as much as spiders or targas, the only exception being the F40

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Archie, I know that it sounds strange to say what I said and at the same time like the F50 and the Carrera GT, for example. But remember that I prefer the F40 over both, so I'm safe hehehehehe

But maybe if the F50 was a coupé..... huuuuum...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Archie, I know that it sounds strange to say what I said and at the same time like the F50 and the Carrera GT, for example. But remember that I prefer the F40 over both, so I'm safe hehehehehe

But maybe if the F50 was a coupé..... huuuuum...
Me too, I love the F50 and CGT and most open cars, but would rather have an F40. I've said before that the only time I want a roof over my head is when they nail the box shut.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thanks for posting that. The car is very sharp looking.

Chris

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boxer, that will be great if your friend at Ferrari can verify this rumour for us.

The Scuderia is definitely one of my favourites but I have mixed feelings about the spider. Yes I agree that the Scud Spider does look nice and the sound would be awesome with the roof down but doesn't a spider version of a Scud kinda take away what the car is all about? the 430 Scud was made for Ferrari owners to be used on the track and by making a spider version it will add weight to the car and by having the new 7 speed tranny which is smoother and for easier driving this will take that Ferrari sports car track feel away from the Scud.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Arent they aiming the two cars at different markets? The coupe for the track enthisiast and the spider for the poseur who will never go anywhere near a track?
I'd still have the spider:eek:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arent they aiming the two cars at different markets? The coupe for the track enthisiast and the spider for the poseur who will never go anywhere near a track?
I'd still have the spider:eek:
Yes I agree, Ferrari probably are aiming the spider at another market but this starts to concern me about Ferrari. Are they starting to worry too much about the different markets out there, instead of the Ferrari enthusiasts, tifosi or collectors (however you want to look at it) as besides the 430 Scud Spider look at the forum on this site ''Ferrari California - Have They Sold Out''. A couple years back Ferrari didn't make a 360 Challenge Stradale Spider. If you wanted a spider you bought the standard 360 Spider.

I just hope that Ferrari dont venture into the SUV market at any time in the future. I've seen floating on the net artist impressions of a Ferrari SUV :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
Talked to a few people and the net net is:

Scuderia Spider is not officially confirmed yet but everyone believes it is 95% likely to happen. Expect an official announcement in a month or two.
Oh yes it is. I'm told 500 to be made (Internet sources say 300...). Public unveiling is likely to be at the World Finals in November.

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Hopefully it will be at the North American International autoshow in Detroit this January.

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts