Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Ferrari:

The Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Michael Schumacher will officially unveil the car at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

The new Ferrari 430 Scuderia will join the road-going V8 line-up alongside the F430 coupé and the F430 Spider. The 430 Scuderia is a truly high-performance 2-seater berlinetta which demonstrates how Ferrari’s Formula 1 know-how is carried across to its production cars.

The new model is a special series based on the F430 and is aimed specifically at Ferrari’s most passionate and sports-driving oriented clients. Development focused on light weight, minimum trimmings and innovative technology. All this to exalt the car’s extremely high-performance and ability to thrill the driver.

The new car can count on an extremely low weight-to-power ratio of just 2.45 kg per hp thanks to a low dry weight of just 1250 kg - 100 kg less than the standard F430 – and to the naturally-aspirated 4308cc V8’s 510 hp at 8500 rpm.

Superb performance both on and off the track is assured by a series of cutting-edge solutions. There is the latest F1 software - Superfast – which reduces gearchange times to just 60 milliseconds, and new traction control which, for the first time, combines the E-Diff electronic differential and the F1-Trac traction and stability control in a single integrated system.

Vehicle dynamics, control and performance thus represent the zenith of Ferrari’s achievements in terms of developing road-certified sports cars.

The 430 Scuderia will be officially unveiled by Michael Schumacher on September 11 2007 at the IAA Motor Show in Frankfurt.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I guess that would be the "F430 Challenge Stradale", right?

nice, but still a bit short on power compared to the Gallardo

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it needs the 360 CS stripe instead of the silver stripes

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts

It is but having driven both a stock F430 and the Gallardo I can say that the F430 is just as nimble. I'm sure with all the weight reduction of this model plus the extra 20bhp. Combined this with the F1 suspension controls them are mentioning and the F430 Scuderia will surely beat the Gallardo around the track. At that point does 10 extra bhp in a Gallardo matter?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
It is but having driven both a stock F430 and the Gallardo I can say that the F430 is just as nimble. I'm sure with all the weight reduction of this model plus the extra 20bhp. Combined this with the F1 suspension controls them are mentioning and the F430 Scuderia will surely beat the Gallardo around the track. At that point does 10 extra bhp in a Gallardo matter?
I agree, Andrew, and considering that the Gallardo Superleggera (that I consider the biggest rival of the F430 Scuderia) is a bit heavier (80 kg, if I'm not wrong), the F430 Scuderia should really kick that Lamborghini's @ss around a track

but still, it is so much cooler to have the car with more power that I find it a shame Ferrari didn't go for it and let Lamborghini have that title with such a small difference (10 bhp, like you said)

maybe I'm being a bit too much Jeremy Clarkson, but I can't stop thinking "why didn't they just GIVE IT MORE POWER!?!?!?" hehehehehehehehe

BTW: Top Gear will be back next Wednesday with the new season, and I hope they make another GREAT show comparing the F430 Scuderia with the 911 GT3 RS (997) and the Gallardo Superleggera, like they did with the Challenge Stradale versus the 911 GT3 RS (996)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

Actually, because it is lighter than the Gallardo it has a power/weight ratio advantage on both the Gallardo SL and the GT3 RS. At least, that's what I read on the EVO website.

I like it a lot - it's beautiful! A black one would do nicely...

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Stile,

I know what you mean, but power isn't the only ingredient to making a superior sports car. Just look at the Top Gear clip (somewhere on here) about the over powered cars of the '80s (XJ220, McLaren...) and the newer superpowers (Zonda, Enzo...).

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
yeah, I know it all, Andrew

I guess I just don't accept to see Ferrari "losing" in any aspects at all hehehehe of course the 430 Scuderia seems to be far superior than the Gallardo Superleggera, but I wanted it to be a beating in ALL aspects, power included! hehehehehe

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree, Andrew, and considering that the Gallardo Superleggera (that I consider the biggest rival of the F430 Scuderia) is a bit heavier (80 kg, if I'm not wrong), the F430 Scuderia should really kick that Lamborghini's @ss around a track

but still, it is so much cooler to have the car with more power that I find it a shame Ferrari didn't go for it and let Lamborghini have that title with such a small difference (10 bhp, like you said)

maybe I'm being a bit too much Jeremy Clarkson, but I can't stop thinking "why didn't they just GIVE IT MORE POWER!?!?!?" hehehehehehehehe

BTW: Top Gear will be back next Wednesday with the new season, and I hope they make another GREAT show comparing the F430 Scuderia with the 911 GT3 RS (997) and the Gallardo Superleggera, like they did with the Challenge Stradale versus the 911 GT3 RS (996)
weight and power aside, having just spent an evening with the Superleggera, I have to say I'm very impressed with the look and feel of it. The interior (matte grey suede with orange accents, this was the Euro demo car touring the US) I felt was a little more desirable than the Ferrari except for the stereo/nav systems being installed (they're basically the Audi Q7 system). I know that it's pretty easy to either opt out of the stereo (although in the Lambo you need the screen for rear camera) or install an aftermarket, but compared to my friends 360 Challenge Stradele, I would probably pick the Superleggera considering the following:

-Both cars will perform about the same for me, I'm capable of driving either to about 80-90% of it's full capability

-On the track, I'd probably perform better/sooner with AWD than without, although longterm I can see myself wanting a standard RWD car

-At 6'2", both cars will get the US "safety" (airbag equiped) seats striped out and a racing shell put in for track days. This will bring the weight pretty close and from rough measurements, the SL looked to have a few more inches of head room

-At 6'2" I was also able to get a more comfortable position with the pedals/wheel than the CS. The SL seemed to have a greater distance between the wheel's proper position and the pedals (has always been a complaint for me with Italian cars...)

From a customer service POV, I met Stephan at the unveiling, he gave me his personal card and offered to give a tour of the factory if I made it over to Italy. I remember how impossible it was trying to get a tour of the Ferrari factory (and I had JT's contact info from multiple conversations on running a new Ferrari US race team...)

In the end, Lambo has no intention of returning to racing or supporting privateers so the SL will be a street legal track car and it will come down to personal preference for styling/sound/heritage for deciding between the SL and CS or GT3RS. Since we're on a Ferrari board, most will be biased towards the prancing horse, but if you're serious about buying one, its worth driving over your local Lambo dealer and taking a SL or G for a test drive (if for nothing more than to appreciate your CS/430 even more).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Great Post, Mille162! But one thing you forgot to point out...which is one reason I would usually choose a Ferrari over a similar year/performance Lambo, is the design. I just find most Ferrari bodies more aesthetically pleasing for some reason. :p

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Excellent insights. However, I am curious as to why the comparison is with the 360 CS and not the F430 Scuderia? The F430 is leaps ahead of the 360. I can only compare the base Gallardo with the base F430 as those are the only ones I've driven. My impressions were:

F430 - Superior sound, felt a bit lighter, the lighter feeling made it seem like it could lose grip, more versatile with the Manettino dial

Gallardo - More exotic interior, heavier and felt more planted, throttle response was the same as the F430

In the end they are both great cars that in my opinion are neck and neck and the differences will come down to personal taste (for me at least).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope that the 430 Scuderia will finally trigger some depreciation for the standard F430!!

The resilience of F430 value 3 years after introduction is surreal, considering that it is a "mass" produced car (there must be what, 10,000 around already?) and yet it still commands prices comparable to new! The truth is, I would love to get my hands on an F430, now if only it behaved like all other cars and depreciated a little bit to get within my budget... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still like the 360 Challenge Stradale a bit better...
Dear Gentlemen,

I am hardly looking for this new Modell to buy.... Do you know anybody who is interested to sell me this new model F430 Scuderia?? Unfortunately my Ferarri Shop has already sold out all cars....

Please help me to get in the lucky position of being an owner of this car.

Best regards

Yasar Dogan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts