I show 18 for clutch to flywheel and 91 flywheel to crankshaft

This is for a Scud ..

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Reassembly

Got the flywheel back and installed. New clutch in and gear box back in. Ran a clutch bleed and did another actuator bleed cycle while I had access to it. All seems to work good. New Hill Engineering TOB and TOB flange. New F1 sensor and got the transmission mount bushing in. Had a good day. Waiting on the new Scud Ing Swiss EDiff bleed tool. (Thanks Stef ) Should have it tomorrow. Here is a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the flywheel back and installed. New clutch in and gear box back in. Ran a clutch bleed and did another actuator bleed cycle while I had access to it. All seems to work good. New Hill Engineering TOB and TOB flange. New F1 sensor and got the transmission mount bushing in. Had a good day. Waiting on the new Scud Ing Swiss EDiff bleed tool. (Thanks Stef ) Should have it tomorrow. Here is a few pics.
I enjoy seeing beautiful parts being installed in a clean environment. Love the sheen on the flywheel. I look forward to a report of how well the vehicle drives after you complete your work.
Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Back on the road.

Well........Got her back on the road. Drives like a dream!!!! So smooth and quiet gear changes. Almost silent when I hit the paddles . Also had a engine "whine" before when it was running. I always thought it might be the accessory belt or idler bearing, but it turns out it was the TOB whine. The noise is all gone! Drives like I would imagine a new 430 would in 2005. Very happy.

Was only able to drive about 50 or 60 miles last week , then the snow returned on Friday !!! I thought it was spring !!!!! Anyway so back in the garage to finish putting it back together. The snow will give me time to check the EDiff system .

I did notice a EDiff leakage rate showing way high (causing miss shifts after it warmed up) on the Launch tool before the clutch job , but I figured if it was there after the new clutch? I would address it then.

So I ordered the new SEST EDiff tester from Stef at Scud Ing Swiss. (Got it Friday) The tool is great. It showed a really high pressure drop on the F1 system during a couple of its test cycles. So I decided to get a new EDiff valve. That should be here Monday. I will post some pics of that job also. Hopefully the snow will be gone next week so I can put a few more miles on her. Keep you posted.................

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reading clutch wear on launch

Can anyone tell me how to read the clutch wear on launch x431? Thank you.
Once you get to the automatic gearbox system cfc231. Pic the data stream option...from there pick the boxes 1.Clutch position Closed , 2.Clutch position closed from new and 3. clutch wear index.

From there you take the Clutch closed position number ...subtract the Clutch closed position from new ..then, divide by 5.6mm ...multiply by 100.

See attached ..these are my numbers. So if you look at mine...I'm about 55.89% used on my clutch.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The fly wheel was balanced , when it was resurfaced. They mark the "heavy spot" if there is one. and the new clutch pack has a yellow mark from the factory. You mount the clutch pac on the fly wheel with the marks opposed to each other. GL

·
Registered
140 Posts
Guys, BEST. THREAD. EVER.

I think I'll be doing a clutch over the winter (I'm at 47% wear right now). I dunno, maybe it'll get through next summer too, we'll see. But I think I'll be visiting this thread then.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts