Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ah, lucky man 8)

Must've had fun. I loved the video! Funny how you had the conversation with the Porsche owner. Is this in Beverly Hills, California? You seem to have seen many nice cars, maybe I should take a ride down there. Maybe we can race ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, it's in beverly hills. there's quite a number of nice cars around here. i typically see about 5-6 ferrari's every day. it's insane.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the porsche guy was cool. there were actually a couple times where people tried to race us, but the camera died before i could get the footage :cry: . the only thing i got was at the very end, where the dude in the boxter tried to give us a little run (you can't tell in the vid, but he was trying).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering if the Boxter was trying to run you. He was running through the traffic, but once it was clear, he didn't do anything.

I usually take joy rides in my little 2.4L Turbo ( 8) ) to places like La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, etc... nice areas, and see what I can catch on tape. Maybe I'll ride down there one day with my son (I am using his account right now) as he loves seeing exotics, too) one day.

What part of Beverly Hills was easiest to have some fun in? Alot of it is traffic filled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a lot of traffic usually. we typically do the drive down sunset blvd. heading toward the PCH (past UCLA). it's generally clear, and there are a good amount of twisties. the other cars (575, mclaren, etc.) were all in and around the city itself (rodeo dr., wilshire, etc.). it's fun to cruise around and see other cool cars out.

*that boxer definately tried to run. if the camera hadn't died on me, i would have shown the speedo at 120 when he tried to pull on us. no chance. that V-12 is no joke.[/i]

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
your friend has very nice toys

but the McLaren really made the 456 look "small"

amazing cars in a quick tour!!

it is hard for me to see one Ferrari, imagine so many Ferraris, Porsches, and a McLaren!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
bjorn156 said:
there is a lot of traffic usually. we typically do the drive down sunset blvd. heading toward the PCH (past UCLA). it's generally clear, and there are a good amount of twisties. the other cars (575, mclaren, etc.) were all in and around the city itself (rodeo dr., wilshire, etc.). it's fun to cruise around and see other cool cars out.

*that boxer definately tried to run. if the camera hadn't died on me, i would have shown the speedo at 120 when he tried to pull on us. no chance. that V-12 is no joke.[/i]
It would have been great if you were in the 430 and ran with the McLaren F1. I would pay to see that.

The Boxter was probably just wanting some fun. I mean, a Boxter won't even pull on my car stock. Where my car is now, it might be at or around the performance of the 456 ( 0-60mph wise, not top speed). I want to buy a performance upgrade for about 3 grand, but need to save up. I should then at least be able to be within 1-2 car lengths in a race with a 430 :) with a proper launch of course.

I'll be coming down there soon. Maybe I'll see you guys cruisin' around, and get a chance to run the 456 8) lol, jk

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Very nice video. The V8 and V12 Ferraris certainly do have a different exhaust note to them. Thanks for posting the video and welcome to Ferrari Forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the comments guys.

stile-alpine - that mclaren was a rare spot. i'm glad i had the camer out. that's the only time i've seen one of those suckers driving on the street. usually tucked in some collection somewhere. the dude driving it was like 25 and had two chicks stuck on either side of him (40+ year old hotties). pretty interesting.

Ferrarikiller - Yeah, that would have been great to punch it with the mclaren, see what it could do. if we were on the freeway, we probably would have tried. As for your SRT-4, it's probably neck and neck with the 456. those little bitches are fast. i've got a buddy with one that's incredibly fast. you dump $3K into it and you could definately beat the 456.

Enzo250GTO - Thanks! We're going to try and get more vid's (got a 430 spyder on the way, and a gallardo spyder coming as well). should be cool!

·
Registered
280 Posts
bjorn156 said:
Ferrarikiller - Yeah, that would have been great to punch it with the mclaren, see what it could do. if we were on the freeway, we probably would have tried. As for your SRT-4, it's probably neck and neck with the 456. those little bitches are fast. i've got a buddy with one that's incredibly fast. you dump $3K into it and you could definately beat the 456.
Thanks man. With 4K I could outrun the 430 in a straight line :D But I dont have 4k at the moment. :cry:

Keep making vids whenever you get the chance man. I like these types of videos because it's what I like to do. Your friend also has awesome cars, so that helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't seem to get the vid to work. Can someone tell me the colour of the McLaren F1? I can probably tell you who owns it if you know the plate or any identifying features.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's silver. I'll try to get some of the plate for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man. With 4K I could outrun the 430 in a straight line :D But I dont have 4k at the moment. :cry:

Keep making vids whenever you get the chance man. I like these types of videos because it's what I like to do. Your friend also has awesome cars, so that helps.
Oh dude, for sure. The 430 is actually being sold tonight. We are waiting for the new 430 spyder to arrive as well as the gallardo. Then I'll definately get another one up.

-i can't quite figure out the plate on the mclaren. it's a cali plate, i think the number is: LMTR104 maybe? anyone else?

·
Registered
160 Posts
FerrariKiller said:
Thanks. If it was silver it was either Elon Musk or Larry Ellison of Oracle fame. Assuming it wasn't the "mystery" mclaren that rumors have recently mentioned.

Aparently there is some oscar winning director in CA with a mac. No name, no other info :( I have an source "in the know" who says there are 2 mclarens in the US that are not publically known. This mystery one could be one of them. I think the other on is a GTR, 007R that was for sale at Oakfields a few years back. Its still listed on carclassic and faautomobile. If it is here, its in Florida.

Oh yes, any new info on any macs is always greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
k5mcl said:
FerrariKiller said:
Thanks. If it was silver it was either Elon Musk or Larry Ellison of Oracle fame. Assuming it wasn't the "mystery" mclaren that rumors have recently mentioned.

Oh yes, any new info on any macs is always greatly appreciated :)
That's funny, because I even mentioned to my buddy that the dude driving looked like a young internet dude. he reminded me of the guy on the movietickets.com commercials that looks like a dork, but is sportin two hot chicks at the end. the dude looked just like that, but without the fro.

in terms of it being a big director/producer, i doubt it, because we probably would have recognized him (we know most of the "hollywood" people). i would guess it was one of the oracle dudes. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, i checked out some pics of elon musk. i'm almost 100% positive that that's the dude that was driving (i'm basing this on what k5mcl said about him having one). it was definately not larry ellison. i would be willing to wager a lot of money on the fact that it was elon musk. cool!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts