Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87' 412 and I've noticed the ride is abit "shocking", that is especially with the rear, it spills my coffee out of my hand at all speeds and speed bumps are a killer for those in the rear seats. The air levels appear to work in that the car rises when I start it. My question is: Could this be a shock issue? can the shocks get "hard"?

·
Registered
776 Posts
I don't know about them getting hard, but shocks do wear out. An '87 model...may just be time to replace them.

Oh yeah and...Welcome aboard!! Let's see some pics!!!! :wink:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy it. It sounds to me like your shocks are worn out. I suggest taking it to a mechanic to confirm this.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm not to technical, but indeed, if the car is from 87, things can be worn out. Somebody with a cartechnical background should have a look at it. I hope it sorts out.

Welcome here and yes, please show us some pics :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the welcomes...
I've owned the car for only about 6 mos. and am just getting to know it and it is nice to be part of a community as well. Any suggestions of somebody to look at it in the Orange County area of Ca.?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Umorus said:
it spills my coffee out of my hand at all speeds
Umm, that's very odd! I find that at over 150mph my coffee never spills at all! But that may be 'cause I also usually have a jam donut in the other hand & steer with my knees :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
when posting a message, hit the attachment button, wait untill the page has loaded again, go to browse, search for your pic, hit attach, and wait untill the pic is uploaded. Do this for all pics, and hit the post button. If the pics are too big, you can crop them with a photoprogram. If it gives any problems, just mail me the pics to [email protected] and I will post them for you.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looking fowrd to seeing those pictures of your car.

As the others have said, you probalby need to get the car checked out.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Umorus said:
I have an 87' 412 and I've noticed the ride is abit "shocking", that is especially with the rear, it spills my coffee out of my hand at all speeds and speed bumps are a killer for those in the rear seats. The air levels appear to work in that the car rises when I start it. My question is: Could this be a shock issue? can the shocks get "hard"?
Definitely sounds like the shocks need replacement. Welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
with the rear suspension fully pumped -up try to push down hard on each rear corner. If you can't push down on the rear look at the nitrogen acumulators.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts