Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a 412 but they all seem to have the usual rotten exhaust. Does anyone know where I can get a complete 412 exhaust from in the UK or shipped from abroad at a reasonable cost? It seems the usual high cost of these systems results in owners giving up on the 400/412 series and they end up being broken up. That will only mean there's less of them out there so even if they're not everyone's cup of tea (sorry, I am British after all!) they are still Ferraris with a high-performance V12 if nothing else and they'll get rarer.

I'd appreciate owners' experiences of this model as it seems to get nothing but negative comments from the press and I don't tend to believe it all. I don't approach Ferraris with rose-tinted glasses just because of the marque's kudos but for all their faults there must be something good to say about them! I've driven a few and OK they're not modern GTs by any means but they still have a Ferrari character lurking there.

Any advice would be appreciated even if it's don't bother!

Cheers
Stuart

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Several years ago before I could afford my 328, I decided to lower the benchmark and look for 400/412's or Mondials. I spoke to Graypaul when they were in Loughborough (1995 ish) and was told a new exhaust for a 412 was £7K back then.
If you want a new exhaust, my advice is to buy a 412 on eBay because it will be cheaper than an exhaust system and use the rest of the car for spare parts.
Seriously, though, if you look at the adverts in the FOC quarterly magazine there is a company in Nottingham who make stainless steel exhausts for Ferrari's at reasonable prices. You might find a link on the FOC website
http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/ I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the co and haven't got time to look through back issues of the FOC mag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
412 exhaust found

Thanks Archie

I've now located a company, Quicksliver, who can do a complete stainless system for £1960 inclusive which is accpetable. If and when I get the car, I'll also look at your suggestions.

Regards
Stuart

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Stuart, that seems like a very good price. Good luck with your search for a suitable car, and keep us all posted.
Best wishes
Archie

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks Archie

I've now located a company, Quicksliver, who can do a complete stainless system for £1960 inclusive which is accpetable. If and when I get the car, I'll also look at your suggestions.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Quicksilver makes great exausts I run thier race pipes on my Maserati and thier sport exaust on my BMW

looking at thier testarossa sport system for my car this winter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great idea thanks, I'll call John. Eurospares are an unlikely source tho. I read an article recently where eurospares said the exhaust failing was the reason they get 400 series cars to break. I'm happy with Quicksilver's quote but I'll check out all the suggestions I got here before I commit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts