Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be in the market for? 410/412 MANUAL.
Feedback
Issues-
Other-
Color Combos?
Mark:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I used to own a 400i. Mine was an automatic, but I think the engine was the same. With 12 cylinders, two Bosch K-Jetronics units, two fuel pumps, two alternators, two oil filters, a monster exhaust system, two air conditioners, among other things, that car is almost as complicated as the space shuttle. It sure is a nice V-12, but the car is fairly large, and is not as much fun as a go-cart 328. -Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
412i automatic to manual conversion

I am contemplating converting an automatic to manual gearbox operation. Has anyone done this? What problems are there? Can anyone suggest a gearbox and clutch to use? What is the inner diameter of the clutch spigot bearing? How do I make an adapter for the engine to clutch bellhousing and also gearbox to drive shaft and torque tube?
(I live in the UK)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am contemplating converting an automatic to manual gearbox operation. Has anyone done this? What problems are there? Can anyone suggest a gearbox and clutch to use? What is the inner diameter of the clutch spigot bearing? How do I make an adapter for the engine to clutch bellhousing and also gearbox to drive shaft and torque tube?
(I live in the UK)
It can be done. very expensive, trans clutch etc not so much a problem, pedal box, and differential more so. Call Terry Hoyle in Maldon Essex, Before moving to the states I worked for him, and talk to him often now, he could tell you how much it would cost in the UK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts