Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I need advice. I just bought a nice 400i off ebay, it will be shipped to my home. 65,000 miles, well maintained, but fresh out of storage following a death in the sellers family. What must I do first! when this cat arrives at my house? I must add that the sellers father took very good care of the car as will I so details are important. Thank you for all who respond.:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Pretty cool. I owned a 400i for several years and enjoyed it. Wonderful motor. For your car, I would just change all the fluids in the car, change the fuel filters, and drive it. Fortunately, that engine uses a chain, not belts, so you don't have to worry about that. How do the tires look? Is the car a manual or automatic? -Steve

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I would also check all the rubber hoses for leaks/cracks, make sure the brakes have not seized/frozen, check the condition and age of the tires, and clean and condition the leather interior. I would also fit a new battery.

You will need to check the condition of any fuel left in the tank. If it has been sitting for more than 6 months, I would flush it out and refuel with new gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts