Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The following four Ferrari chassis have been stolen from Tom Meade (in Westwood area of Los Angeles) while he has been in hospital recovering from a broken leg:

275GTS (1965)

365GT 2+2 (1969)

250GTE (1961) serial number 2911

250GT PF coupe (1961) serial number 1847

If anyone sees that someone is offering any combination of the above for sale, please PM or email me. I will post the two additional serial numbers tomorrow when Tom can provide them to me.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
So terrible,...simply disgusting to hear these incidences. Westwood was my hometown for several years when I attended UCLA. Don't recall ever seeing such Ferraris there. Thanx for notifying us all. Jimmy

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
As Jimmy said, it's terrible and disgusting. I hope that whoever is responsible is caught and dealt with accordingly before they get the opportunity to chop them up and disguise them as something else.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good luck finding them. Sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Good luck, that is absolutely terrible:(

Chris

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
The following four Ferrari chassis have been stolen from Tom Meade (in Westwood area of Los Angeles) while he has been in hospital recovering from a broken leg:

275GTS (1965)

365GT 2+2 (1969)

If anyone sees that someone is offering any combination of the above for sale, please PM or email me. I will post the two additional serial numbers tomorrow when Tom can provide them to me.

Thank you in advance.
Suggest you also have the serial numbers posted up on Telaio and Tom Yang.net. Both might be able to provide help finding the cars.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Are you sure that they weren't taken by the overhaulin gang..:D

Who knows maybe Chip Foose has some taste after all...:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts

275GTS (1965)

365GT 2+2 (1969)

Thank you in advance.
Have any of these been recovered?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have any of these been recovered?
It is my considered opinion that the chassis were never stolen. Tom kept them hidden on the property of a neighboring apartment building. When the owner of the property notified Tom that he was selling the property, Tom failed to remove them and when the new owner took possession and found what appeared to be a stack of junk at the back of the property, he called a scrap metal dealer who carted it off to a junk yard. End of story.

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
It is my considered opinion that the chassis were never stolen. Tom kept them hidden on the property of a neighboring apartment building. When the owner of the property notified Tom that he was selling the property, Tom failed to remove them and when the new owner took possession and found what appeared to be a stack of junk at the back of the property, he called a scrap metal dealer who carted it off to a junk yard. End of story.

That seems a little odd that someone would junk 4 Ferraris. One would think that someone along the way to the crusher would recognize them for what they are.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That seems a little odd that someone would junk 4 Ferraris. One would think that someone along the way to the crusher would recognize them for what they are.
I seriously doubt that the new owner of the apartment building recognized the frames--remember, we are talking about chassis rails without running gear or bodies--as anything other than unsightly scrap metal that didn't belong on his property and he certainly would not have seen them as Ferraris. I spoke with someone who saw the people who took away the frames--two Latinos in an old pick-up truck--who I doubt saw them as anything but junk that they were paid by the new landlord to haul to the scrap yard to be melted down.

I admit that the 'stolen Ferrari chassis' makes for a better story but realistically they are of no value as the chassis numbers are now on the hot list and no one could profit from them.The sad fact is that Tom left them go too long on property that belonged to someone else and by not removing the frames when asked to do so he paid the price for his stubbornness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts