Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hey...since she is already on the trailer, why don't you just drop her off at my house.:) I'll take real good care of her for you!
(Just kidding...or am I?)

Very nice Classic Ferrari you got there!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
NONONONONONNONOOOOO

not such an ugly rollhoop :cry:

and those rims look like they have been stolen of a 330 GTC. where are the originals?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dj Dirk said:
NONONONONONNONOOOOO

not such an ugly rollhoop :cry:

and those rims look like they have been stolen of a 330 GTC. where are the originals?
As sorry as I am to disappoint you, the rollbar is required for tracking and seeing as this car is actually driven, it is currently on. It is quite easily removed... by design.

There are two sets of rims. One for tracking, one for street and other. The track rims are on atm... the other 4 are hanging at the front of the trailer.

Tough room.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
will the car be put thru the Ferrari Authentication program? cuz i wonder what they would say about that rollhoop, latelly those guys are pressing on every car to be accurate, and since that rollhoop wasn't used then i wonder how they would react.
here in europe such a rollbar is a pretty rare sight

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hummm....when I was at Sonoma 3 weeks ago they have 500 TRs racing without bars. What kind of racing are you doing that this is required? I haven't posted it, but they also had the Alfa that Enzo built in the 30s? It had the SF shield.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bars are for safety and are easily removed. Many of the club events and track times require the bars too. Like I said, they are easily removed.

I am all for friendly critique. When you share pictures of a vehicle that a lot of time has been put into and are met with NONONOOONONONO That's ugly and that's ugly and such, it leaves a bad taste. Whatever, I thought you guys would enjoy some pictures as they were requested way back when in a previous thread. This was the first chance I had to get pic's and I got them up as soon as I got online.

Anyway, have a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Gerb,
Car looks real sweet man!!! I wouldn't worry about any negative comments. To each his own. You did what you had to do so that you could USE the car. I respect and admire your efforts and your passion!

·
Registered
101 Posts
the bars are called a Roll cage and yeah they cinda kill the teast :(
what does he mean by later?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
damn, I would like to see the pics. Please don't let one negative comment scare you away. 1 neg vs 10 pos, and I bet even more

·
Registered
900 Posts
gerber said:
I thought you guys would enjoy some pictures as they were requested way back when in a previous thread. This was the first chance I had to get pic's and I got them up as soon as I got online.
I do! Please bring it back! I haven't seen...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, that was rather attention whore'ish to just remove them like that.. I was just on a high from finally getting a chance to see the car completed and got negative stuff right off the bat.

I had the pressure of a lunch with our VP today regarding some job improvements I want to make (Went ok, btw) and had some other mood issues at the time.

Anyway, long story short I shouldn't have stormed off like a child. I was just not in a great mood and seeing a car that a lot of time and $ went into insulted was not ideal. (especially without capitalized sentences and words like 'cuz'. I mean if you are going to insult a Ferrari, at least put in a couple minutes for spelling and punctuation out of respect for the badge ;))

I'll repost them and just ignore the insulting posts and answer the honest critique. I know everyone likes to see a wholly original car. I'd like to see a 100% original too. Problem is a 100% 375MM will go for somewhere around 2-5 million. (SCM #'s and iirc one sold at Amelia Island in 2002 for just shy of 2 million) That's a lot of money for a track car. In any case the engine is 100% pure, the body... who knows for sure. These cars saw some brutal action in Mexico and such. ;)

When the garage is ready I'll get some pictures with the other rims and maybe we'll remove the rollbar for some photos. (Did I mention that it is easily removed?) I'll take a picture of the fuel cell we put in it to prevent us from blowing up on impact and to bug the people who want it to be 100% original. :p

·
Registered
900 Posts
Looks good. You must be very excited to have finally finished it! I know you've been working on it for a very long time.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
first of all it wasn't meaned to be insulting, i was pointing things out, and telling how it is over here.
second, the fact that i don't like rollhoops is a personal mather, not pointed at you, i think they are ugly no mather what and don't like to see them on spyders. it ruins the lines and shots for m.
third, bringing things like that up is the point of posting on forums, so that people can react, and have conversations about it.
fourth, you say it can easelly be removed, i would love to see more about then like pics of the attachement points and things like that BECAUSE i find that interesting to see & know

see, it's all about the discussion/conversations

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dj Dirk said:
first of all it wasn't meaned to be insulting, i was pointing things out, and telling how it is over here.
second, the fact that i don't like rollhoops is a personal mather, not pointed at you, i think they are ugly no mather what and don't like to see them on spyders. it ruins the lines and shots for m.
third, bringing things like that up is the point of posting on forums, so that people can react, and have conversations about it.
fourth, you say it can easelly be removed, i would love to see more about then like pics of the attachement points and things like that BECAUSE i find that interesting to see & know

see, it's all about the discussion/conversations
Like I said.. I was in a not so great mood. I understand your point of view... you are voiceing an opinion. I over reacted and that's that. However, we also disagree on how we voice our negative opinions on things. Anyway, no hard feeling and like I said, I'll get more pic's asap. (Will be at least 2 weeks)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mchferrari said:
Looks good. You must be very excited to have finally finished it! I know you've been working on it for a very long time.
Well "working on it" would be Andy Greene. Waiting for it would be more to the point. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts