Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a nice dinner last night. It was a gathering of Ferraris and a few other OK things.

A 365 was there. Darn, it sounded so gooooood. Not only that but it was still a handsome car. How many cars of that age can still say it is good looking? Not many. Times change but beauty last. The 365 would sell in today’s market.

:)

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Bart said:
I went to a nice dinner last night. It was a gathering of Ferraris and a few other OK things.

A 365 was there. Darn, it sounded so gooooood. Not only that but it was still a handsome car. How many cars of that age can still say it is good looking? Not many. Times change but beauty last. The 365 would sell in today’s market.

:)
Was it a 365 GTB/4 "Daytona", 365 GT4 BB "Boxer", 365 GTC/4 or a 365 GT 2+2 "Queen Mary" ????

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
No, the nickname is Queen Mary. It came from a comment made comparing the size of the 365 GT 2+2 to what was at the time one of the world largest cruise ships.

EDIT:
I stand completely corrected. The original nickname is the Queen Mother. I did see it referred to as the Queen Mary recently but it was in the description of a car being offered for sale. This clearly was incorrect but I guess it stuck in my head.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
williamtaylor said:
No, the nickname is Queen Mary. It came from a comment made comparing the size of the 365 GT 2+2 to what was at the time one of the world largest cruise ships.

Very interesting. I have been in the Ferrari business since not long after they were made and I have never heard that. I have only heard them referred to as Queen Mothers, for, well, the Queen Mother. We even shortened the name about 20 or so years ago to Queen Mama.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Brian said:
Very interesting. I have been in the Ferrari business since not long after they were made and I have never heard that. I have only heard them referred to as Queen Mothers, for, well, the Queen Mother. We even shortened the name about 20 or so years ago to Queen Mama.
I would concour, in our Buyer's Guide we write, "Christened the "Queen Mother" by Road & Track,..."

Perhaps there is also a reference to "Queen Mary" in another article on place.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
williamtaylor said:

EDIT:
I stand completely corrected. The original nickname is the Queen Mother. I did see it referred to as the Queen Mary recently but it was in the description of a car being offered for sale. This clearly was incorrect but I guess it stuck in my head.

Hey, no problem. If your memory is any thing like mine it is a big enough chore just spelling Ferrari.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts