Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this email from Sheehan

We are pleased to offer 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 alloy-bodied Daytona Spyder Conversion s/n 15689. This Daytona runs and drives extremely well, handles like a dream and has all the power Daytonas are known for. Priced right in today's market at $329,500 or best offer. We welcome a detailed pre-purchase inspection.

No shop did more Daytona Spyder conversions than Carrozeria Auto Sport of Bastiglia, Italy, and this 365 GTB/4 Spyder Conversion is one of only two Daytonas rebodied at substantial extra expense with a full-alloy-body Spyder conversion by Carrozeria Auto Sport. The engine was rebuilt to Competition Daytona specifications while in Italy and delivers serious performance with all the right sounds. It has also been fitted with Factory power steering from a 365 GTC/4, making it very user-friendly and light and easy to drive. This Daytona comes with a fully documented ownership history going back over thirty years to when it was imported in 1977. Has the very desirable 8" front Borrani wires and 9" rear Borrani wires with very good Michelin XWX tires. Comes with a very nice reproduction owner's pouch and owner's handbook. Comes with an original tool roll, some original tools and some reproduction tools.

This Daytona runs and drives extremely well, handles like a dream and has all the power Daytonas are known for. We drove this car over 100 miles only a few weeks ago without a miss, and it is a very well sorted driver with all the goodies for local shows. Very nice body, good older paint, excellent mechanicals and user-friendly power steering! Priced right in today's market at $329,500 or best offer. We welcome a detailed pre-purchase inspection.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Looks nice, but the price is still higher than couple of years ago when I was searching for one. The car I went to see in person in Connecticut (for sale by owner) is still for sale at AutosportDesigns.com in NY. His asking was mid$250k. Jimmy

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
ya' been trying to find out more about this one: I wouldn't pay that much for a conversion, but the conversion would have some nice features.

I don't care about the purists...these older cars were messed with a lot back in the day, and that's purely ok in my book.

BUT if someone acquired one now and tried to pass it off as more than a conversion = big trouble

I like it, but more like WAY overpriced.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Beautiful car. How much does a non-conversion go for?

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
About 2 years ago Sheehan had a 456 GT convertible conversion for sale.

It looked really good, and it was a tempting purchase.

However clear minds prevailed.

A Daytona conversion never pulls what the original does in terms of $'s, but this one looks very, very good.

Herb Chambers recently bought back the factory Daytona spider he had purchased originally for $21K.

He paid Ferrari of Denver $954,000, and he's completely redoing the car to match his coupe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts