Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welldone! Welcome to the club :wink: Looks great. Are those 9" rear wheels? What sort of tyres are they? Is the prancing horse on the back standard(looks good, might put one on mine). More engine picks please

·
Registered
218 Posts
Woah that looks great!

Cheers man :D 8)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gma365 said:
Welldone! Welcome to the club :wink: Looks great. Are those 9" rear wheels? What sort of tyres are they? Is the prancing horse on the back standard(looks good, might put one on mine). More engine picks please
Thanks. The rear wheels are 9" (good eyes) and the tyres are Goodrich Comp T/A's. I am not sure if the Prancing Horse on the back is standard but I have seen a few 365 BB's with it. One thing I did notice is that it is on the right hand side on this RHD car and it is on the left side on LHD models.

I will try to get some good engine shots and post them next week. 8)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg, As promised, attached are a few more pictures. Cheers, Boxer

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great stuff! How does it compare to your 512bb? Is it louder?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Wow that is an awesome looking car, congrats on getting it finally! Two down and one to go, right? So when will the F40 arrive? :green:

I forget, is your 512 BB a LHD? If so how hard is it to adjust to shifting with the left hand, then the right hand?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The goal is to have the F40 in 5 years :green: :green:

Great memory, the 512 BB is a LHD. I am very used to switching back and forth so I don't have a problem adjusting. My only problem right now is that the 365 BB has a 15" steering wheel which does not leave a lot of room for my left leg between it and the stick when in 4th or 5th gear. I have started looking for a 13" or 14" wheel but not a lot around.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gma365 said:
Great stuff! How does it compare to your 512bb? Is it louder?
Great sound track but the 512 BB is actually louder due to the sports exhaust fitted on it. In terms of driving, it is definitely a rawer experience. The clutch is much heavier (single vs twin plate) and you definitely notice the fact that more of the weight is in the rear (respect is needed when cornering hard). The steering on the 365 BB is a bit lighter and it feels like it accelerates a bit quicker. The pedals on the 365 BB are very offset towards the center of the car and practce is needed to get the footwork right. Overall, a great car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congratulations on teh 365BB.

I put a steering wheel spacer on mine and it gives a little more leg room. Simple to fit and easy to remove later if you want to. It came from Paul Hill at Hill Engineering. I also fitted one of his aluminium gearknobs which is bigger than the original and feels and looks great.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there,

I ordered the shift stick knob and the lock for the shift stick. Both parts are factured excellently in high quality. The parts were shipped quickly. Excellent transaction!
I really like the shift stick knob. It is an incredible cool feeling compared to the manufacturer one in my 328.

Cheers
-c

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Awesome pics Boxer! Nice clean engine! (Wish mine was as clean)

Those round nuts on the top of the airboxes, don't lose those. Mine fell off and got lost (I guess I hadn't tightened them down enough). I looked for replacements and they were $11. That's $11 EACH! So I went to the hardware store and bought four 6mm stainless steel wingnuts for $1 (for all 4). It's not concours, but oh well.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Hi Boxer,
First time I actually got to see your 365 GT4 BB: she is most beautiful.
I personally think her rearview is one of Ferrari's most alluring! 8)
I have been in love with those 6 tail lights since I first saw them.
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts