Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a 360 berlinetta (1999 or 2000) in March 2006. Does someone know how much cheaper will be the car ? Around 5 % less ? 10 % maybe ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
These cars are getting cheaper. The UK trade guide has them losing £1.2 k a month :eek: 430 supply will depress 360 prices further , IMO.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I agree with Tony. the more deliveries of 430 to the 360 owners the more of the 360 will be on the market and obviously cheaper too.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Stradale said:
I agree with Tony. the more deliveries of 430 to the 360 owners the more of the 360 will be on the market and obviously cheaper too.
And that my friends is how I intend on purchasing my 360! :wink: :green:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Its a shame we have to wait till the f430 CS comes out for the 360 CS to depreciate. Thats how Ill buy MY 360 :)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
FunkyJunc said:
Its a shame we have to wait till the f430 CS comes out for the 360 CS to depreciate. Thats how Ill buy MY 360 :)
The 360 CS will not take a big hit like the regular 360s. Remember the 360 CS was also a low production car. Of all the 360s the CS will always be more and eventually significantly more. At least that is my gut feeling.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It's not long until the 360 will be under $100k regularly. Anyone think it will become less valuable than a 355, since there are many more 360's? Possibly drive up 355 prices to a point?? I want to see what you guys think.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I doubt the 355 will go UP in value due to its milage and probable wear. Even though the 355 is getting up there in years I think its styling is still quite attractive and wont depreciate because of it. All in all I think the 360 will keep the 355 from appreciating/depreciating and it will stay right where it is.

People will probably be looking for some creature comforts in the 360s that arent available in the 355s and they'll opt for the 2000's "cool" car. I havent actually driven either so maybe someone else can comment about that one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Interesting thread. My personal view is that in 5 years time , 355s will be changing hands for more than 360s. There were 9,000 355s made vs 17,500 360s. Chances are there will be 20,000 430s made and the bubble will burst on over list prices when supply comes through. The days of exclusivity of marque are long gone.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
tonyh said:
Interesting thread. My personal view is that in 5 years time , 355s will be changing hands for more than 360s. There were 9,000 355s made vs 17,500 360s. Chances are there will be 20,000 430s made and the bubble will burst on over list prices when supply comes through. The days of exclusivity of marque are long gone.
I couldn't agree more. I would hold on to anything pre 1998. While the marquee will become less exclusive the rare models will still be just that, rare.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Shouldn't it be better if Ferrari would produce less cars? If you drove a lot on the road these days, they aren't that very rare anymore. Due the high production, some Ferrari are getting so cheap with a high depreciation :-?

But can you say that the factory is wrong? The most importing thing in economy is making money, so... Don't know. Would Ferrari make less money if they give the models a higher price but produce less cars?

Where are the days that people said that there was a high production with 400 cars made :eek:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
...I would hold on to anything pre 1998. While the marquee will become less exclusive the rare models will still be just that, rare.
I think this is an interesting point. Perhaps the pre-98s will then tenaciously hold their value.

I still wouldn't mind picking up a 20 year old 360 or 430 when that day comes; I think parts availability for them will be excellent due to the production numbers.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think they are still very rare cars, I mean come on, how many 430s and 360s do you see daily on your commute to work? lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Enzo250GTO said:
tonyh said:
I couldn't agree more. I would hold on to anything pre 1998. While the marquee will become less exclusive the rare models will still be just that, rare.
OK, then in "investment terms" it would be better to buy a 550 rather than a 360, isn't it ? (although they are quite different cars)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Botto said:
I think they are still very rare cars, I mean come on, how many 430s and 360s do you see daily on your commute to work? lol
Well I can't say daily. But I'm from Calgary, less than 1 million people and I see a 430 every fews days and 360's almost everyday. However, I have only ever seen one 355, black spider. And I usually only see it once in a blue moon. 308's and 328's quite often but not as much as 360's still. That's all pretty good considering the nearest Ferrari dealership is 1200km away.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Kimi now you're opening a whole different can of worms. The F430 is the replacement for the 360, both of which are 8 cylinder cars.

The 550 has already been replaced by the 575M and BOTH will soon be replaced by the "F600 Imola" (if thats what it ends up being called) which are 12 cylinder cars.

So by the time you decide on the investment the 550 could be 3rd generation while the 360 will be 2nd.

The 550 has held its value pretty well through the reign of the 575 but its soon to be 3rd gen. so I dont know how well it will fair when the 600 hits the market. Production numbers were A LOT lower on the 550 & 575 relative to the 360 so its should hold its value better than the 360.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
IMHO, the 360 will bottom out around GBP 40k in a few years. The F355 has already dropped in price to around GBP 35k and I don't think will go much lower. Early 550's can be found in the low GBP 40k already and may drop further. Despite the lower production numbers, but given the much higher maintenance costs, longer term demand on the 550 will likely always be less than the 360. This might actually result in lower prices for the 12 cylinder model.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah, they are getting very cheap now, price will drop further. After that, the prices will rise again i think, which won't be the case with the V8 models. Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boxer said:
IMHO, the 360 will bottom out around GBP 40k in a few years. The F355 has already dropped in price to around GBP 35k and I don't think will go much lower. Early 550's can be found in the low GBP 40k already and may drop further. Despite the lower production numbers, but given the much higher maintenance costs, longer term demand on the 550 will likely always be less than the 360. This might actually result in lower prices for the 12 cylinder model.
I thought the maintenance costs were pretty much the same for a 360 and a 550. Cambelts change is even cheaper on a 550.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts