Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 355 spider which is so close to being sold and i'm now looking for a 360 spider. i'm not sure if i should go for an f1 gearbox or a manual, also what colour to go for. i'm thinking of ease of resale in the future. i've had so many conflicting views that i'm lost. most of the dealers that i've spoken to have tried to change my mind about a red car. '' ferraris are not red anymore'' they say. it could be that they cannot find me a red car and just wanna sell me the blue or silver ones in stock. any advice would be appreciated. also how reliable are 360's? i've had trouble free motoring with the 355 i'm looking to purchase a 2001/2002 model year 360 and will not be cocooning it in a garage. i will be using it at every opportunity i get.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, I think yellow is the best color for the 360 Spider, but that is really a personal choice

go for whatever you like, but do go for the challenge grill =D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
For reliability and ease of resale - Manual transmission. I agree with Stile on the color, yellow on a 360 is stunning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i guess it's gonna have to be a yellow manual 360 spider for me then :) . on a serious note are f1 gearboxes as unreliable as what some people have informed me (clutches need changing on regular basis)? i haven't tried the f1 360 and i would hate it if the gearchanges are not smooth.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, it seems like the F1 gearbox is not good for use on traffic, but it is good when you go to a circuit

the first F1 gearbox of the F355 had reliability issues, but I think the late F355s and the 360s are OK (Boxer, I think you are the best men to confirm that!)

I prefer the manual gearbox, and like I said before, I think yellow is the best color for the 360 Spider, and the challenge grill is a MUST HAVE

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
The F1 transmissions in the 360 are an improved version vs the F355. Regarding clutch life, it really depends on how you drive it. Lots of traffic in a F1 360, lots of clutch replacements. In general a clutch will last longer in a manual than an F1 but at the end of the day it does come down to the driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts