Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Ferrari bro´s, i will call the dealership tomorrow, but please help me sleep by trying to answer my questions. (Iam from Europe).

I have a 360 Spider 2003 Manuall.
I noticed one thing today i never thought about before.
The rear lights, the outer work but the ones on the inside dont turn red when i hit the break (car is standing still). Also the red stripe on the motor hood. Does not turn red / no light when i hit the break.

Is this the way its supposed to be? Or they dont turn ON when car is standing still?

Also i had my early service done, and engine oil was changed. Today i checked for the first time after the service and 2000KM (european) and my oil level was down on the MINIMUM (i checked when the car was at 70C and engine running).

So is this normal? And could i have hurt the car by driving it at the MINIMUM oil level, the stick was NEARLY dry.

I pured 2 liters of Shell Helix 5W40 (as the service manuall says) but when i checked the service pappers at the dealership they have used 10W60.

So my question
1. Rear lights? Should all 4 lights turn red + the red light strip on the rearhood turn red when hitting the break (car standing still).

2. Can i have hurt the engine running it on MINIMUM oil level on the stick? I have not noticed any engine difference/noise.

3. My mixup by pouring 2 liters of 5W40 into already 10W60 in the engine?

Appreciate any answers!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hi fellow Ferrari bro´s, i will call the dealership tomorrow, but please help me sleep by trying to answer my questions. (Iam from Europe).

The rear lights, the outer work but the ones on the inside dont turn red when i hit the break (car is standing still). Also the red stripe on the motor hood. Does not turn red / no light when i hit the break.

Is this the way its supposed to be? Or they dont turn ON when car is standing still?

Also i had my early service done, and engine oil was changed. Today i checked for the first time after the service and 2000KM (european) and my oil level was down on the MINIMUM (i checked when the car was at 70C and engine running).

So is this normal? And could i have hurt the car by driving it at the MINIMUM oil level, the stick was NEARLY dry.

I pured 2 liters of Shell Helix 5W40 (as the service manuall says) but when i checked the service pappers at the dealership they have used 10W60.

So my question
1. Rear lights? Should all 4 lights turn red + the red light strip on the rearhood turn red when hitting the break (car standing still).

2. Can i have hurt the engine running it on MINIMUM oil level on the stick? I have not noticed any engine difference/noise.

Appreciate any answers!
As long as all the oil you used is synthetic, it should not be a major issue mixing weights but it is clearly not ideal. Running the engine at close to the minimum mark should also not be a big deal as long as it was not done for an extended period and oil pressure was fine.

I would check the owners maunal onm the lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts

So my question

Appreciate any answers!

I dont own a ferrari so i dont know. but do you really check the level with the car running? is it a dry sump oil system?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
10W-60 is not the correct weight oil to use. It's way, way too heavy for a 360.

You should be using ONLY 5W-40 motor oil.

Get rid of the Shell and find something decent like Redline.

As to oil level, make sure your car is up to full operating temperature and on level ground. With it running remove the oil dip stick, wipe it, and reinsert.

No harm if it's at MIN.

However, if you overfill it you'll cause tons of problems. So if you do not know fully what you are doing, don't!

Lighting problem could be fuses, but ignition has to be on for them to illuminate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts