Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2000 360 Modena with about 7000 miles on it. Any suggestions for things to look for/be aware of, would be appreciated. I've heard the F1 shifts better in later years than when the car originally came out. What year were the improvements made?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm not much into technical things, but I heard that the F1 gearbox in the 360 is way better than the 355. Also I heard about doorhandles that broke of on the 360, but that seems to be a common problem on this car. That's all I know, maybe somebody else knows a bit more

Welcome here ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 01 F1

I think the upgrades cam in in late 01/02 models. My 01 was given the upgraded software, by the way my car is for sale on Algar Ferrari's floor, my 04 spider is in port, not sure what you are paying but check out Algars website, my coupe is on there.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have a late 2000 Modena which I bought new. I had the F1 ECU changed with the newer/update version and it doesn't cost much. Be careful though, the car is due for a cambelt (change every 3 years) and perhaps a clutch change. I did on mine. Make sure the seller or dealer has done ths. It's a major cost. And one of the reasons why people sell their cars after 3 years because it's due for the cam belt change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts