Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The trouble with aaAluminium chassis is you can get the local repair shop to do it. I know that few of the accident car in my place had to be sent to Italy for repair. It's very expensive. That car can't be mended unless it's sent to Italy.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed the airbags didn't come out. Also, I don't think there is a lot that can still be used of that car. Front and back end totally destroyed, and the sides will be e few cm's shorter I think

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is salvage titled car, will never be restored to its original shape. It is only good for its power train, may be the tires and wheels. $30 - $40k I would imagine. The seats, door panels, dash, radio, speakers, center consoule, steering,... are all in good shape. How the hell they rolled this car? I don't see any blood. It makes wonder when I do about 160+ MPH on the high-speed bends. My god! I feel sorry for the owner.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, uhm, maybe a truck was driving in front, braked hard, the Ferrari is low so it put the nose under it, and a truck from behond gave it another push?

Whatever it is, I think it's a nasty story :-? :ugh:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like that part of the F1 gearbox with the handle and 2 buttons as memorabilia. I think it will cost $$$$$

·
Registered
383 Posts
yeah, how did it happen? He must've a rolled over, and the airbag didn't come out you say? Airbags need seat belts for activation, maybe he wasn't wearing any?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Airbags deploy in a front end collision only; seatbelt use or not.

In looking at the pictures in the auction, my guess is that the driver may have lost control, spun around, impacted a wall or barricade with the rear which spun the vehicle again abruptly in the opposite direction of the first spin. While the 360 was spinning after the initial impact it probably rolled then due to the force of the impact and the sudden change in direction combined with the 360's underbody aerodynamics creating an upward force.

All of that is based on accident scenes I have been on as a Volunteer Fire Fighter. I also believe the accident occured on a large/major highway with no grass median. I base that on the fact that the car has no grass or dirt clumps that I saw.

But, that's just my thoughts...

·
Registered
895 Posts
:eek: Ouch!

The interior looks to be in alright shape. The engine looks like it's ok, but the back end looks pretty beat up! Dunno how good condition that gearbox is in...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts