Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.i just discovered the site and i dicided to share my thoughts with you. last year(march 2006) me and my father bought a used 360 modena f1. the car was just like brand new from outside and mechanicaly.It is a full extra car and also has the shields in the winds.We saw many cars and finally we decided the one that we now have.it was the most good looking of all and had a full service history.Also, according to the ferrari dealer all the km that had the car have been done in the national road,so the car has not gearbox problems.My only problem is that the car had 40k km done on the road and i think that is a very big number.The ferrari dealer (friend of my father) told us that the engine was like brand new and finally we bought it.the f430 was not an option as i dont like her shape.I want to ask you some things.First of all, i want to know how many km is a 360 engine capable to covery with a medium use.finally, do you believe that it was a good choise?the car has no problem at all and the sound that it has i think is much more beatyfull than the f430's. Stradale engine,ecu,exhaust and brake system is on the way.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Nice car. Great choice. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
hi everyone..My only problem is that the car had 40k km done on the road and i think that is a very big number.The ferrari dealer (friend of my father) told us that the engine was like brand new and finally we bought it.First of all, i want to know how many km is a 360 engine capable to covery with a medium use.finally, do you believe that it was a good choise? Stradale engine,ecu,exhaust and brake system is on the way.
With proper servicing, the 360 engine should be good for 200,000 km before needing a rebuild. It is a bit of mystery why people believe Ferrari engines are delicate pieces of machinery. They are race bred and designed to take a beating. The worst thing you can do to a Ferrari is lock the thing up in a garage and not use it. That is when most of the problems start. Drive a Ferrari 1000 km and I am sure it will be running better the last 500 km than it was the first 500 km.

I recently drove my F40 half way across Europe. At the end of the trip it was running wonderfully.

Buy it, drive it, and put a smile on everyone's face.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Buy it, drive it, and put a smile on everyone's face.
GREAT quote, Boxer! I wish all the Ferrari owners had the same good sense that you (and most of the other owners in this forum) have

·
Registered
250 Posts
In my opinion,
Ferrari drivers are always 1 step ahead
and ready for anything.
In such cases,
one example is Michael Schumacher!:drive:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts