Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are a bunch of these going around, but since you guys (and gals) give such thorough helpful answers, here we go:

2004 Red 360 Coupe Manual - Tan Interior, Shields, no challenge grills, power daytonas with piping, stock exhaust. About 5k miles, and seems to be about as nice as it can be. Less than 2 yrs since 5k service, no subsequent service. 2 owner.

I think Ebay is of limited use here since these cars never seem to change hands through the actual auction process. I have a value in mind, but I wanted to see what this board thought. BTW, I place no premium on the color, even though the market does. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
What country are you from?

Chris

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Hmm.

Greg can offer better pricing insight or others here, but here's my take.

Resale red = +/-

Shields = same but I like them

low miles ~= +/- depends on how it was used and how often. Low miles

is not necessarily a good thing. Would rather have it driven that 5k/year. But that's me.

usual cast of usual suspects: stickie issues, tire/brake wear, suspension quality, stick/F1? etc.

When you say < 2years on the service, I hope that included the belts and a proper 30k service.
did they change the fluids EVERY year. Sorry, I find this cheap maintenance and I have stories of people who skimp, and pass on the problems down the road.

Get a PPI, from reliable mech. We can help.

sounds like and early 360, which IIRC had some...sorting out to perform, not sure, but later models were more solid.

don't mention if coup, but thinking it is.. Need to know where this car was kept, dryer/warmer climate is best...more open roads and such make the 5k more desireable....

There are so many questions begging to be asked more than can be answered with low facts....so, can you list a particular listing we can look into?

PS: Dealer/seller makes a difference too, even the best can have some listing problems...and lastly
I don't want to scare you away in any fashion, it is a car, or at least I pretend it just a car, but there can be issues, down the road, one must budget...somehow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Must say, initial thoughts are this is very nice. Will have to look into it more.
rik

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Red is not a particularly in demand color at the moment for a 360. There are just too many of them.

Completed services need to be known.

eBay can be a gotcha so be careful.

I would guess an average value of $130K- $140K not knowing everything about it.

Tell me more and maybe I can help more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

I think I have enough to move to the next stage (i.e. a PPI). I appreciate the thoughts from the board. If anyone knows a reliable shop in Miami to do the PPI I would appreciate it. I will also do a separate posting for that. Louis.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Sounds like you are taking the careful step towards a purchase.

Don't know anyone in Miami but I'll check with D. Mauro. he knows everone around there and he has two Ferrari's and two dogs (ugh).

Hollar if anything else needed.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Looks like a nice car.

A slight bit low in price so I would ask a few questions about services.

Great that it has a 6 speed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts