Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've had my 360 for about 12 months now and have just hit my first battery issue :( It went for about 2 weeks without a run which hasn't been an issue until now but I guess I've been pushing my luck by the sounds of it.

I've pulled the battery out (which is a pain) and am currently charging it up as I type this but what I'm still just wondering for future reference is if 360's can be jumpstarted??

It's not something that I would really want to try but was just wondering if anyone here has done it or know's what the official stance is on jumpstarting ferrari's.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hi All,

I've had my 360 for about 12 months now and have just hit my first battery issue :( It went for about 2 weeks without a run which hasn't been an issue until now but I guess I've been pushing my luck by the sounds of it.

I've pulled the battery out (which is a pain) and am currently charging it up as I type this but what I'm still just wondering for future reference is if 360's can be jumpstarted??

It's not something that I would really want to try but was just wondering if anyone here has done it or know's what the official stance is on jumpstarting ferrari's.

Cheers.
Yes, you can jumpstart a 360 but it is not recommended. If you do have to jumpstart it, turn on the headlights, turn signals, stereo, etc to help diffuse the power surge.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
You can do serious electrical damage if you jump the battery while it is in the vehicle. Do not do that.

I would suggest you buy an interstate MTP-91, adjust the mounting bracket (takes a little work), and mount the battery snugly.

Then get a Deltran or Interstate battery tender and connect it to an electrical snap-on fitting behind the driver's seat.

When not in use keep the tender attached via the snap-on fitting.

You will never have another problem,a nd the car will spin over like a rocket ship.

If you need details I can provide those.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gcalo - a dying battery is like a ticking time bomb, and would really like to diffuse it before it happens. Would appreciate your advice on how to install the extensions and can it be connected to a standalone charger (ie one that does not need to be plugged into an electric socket?:ears:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Car batteries have about a 4 year life-heat and vibration are killers.

A tender cannot make a dying battery well.

So if your battery is more than 4 years change it out first, and then add a tender.

I did on another thread post photos as to where the tender connections should be.

I don't remember the link,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts