Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what he HP and Torque of a 360 is at 7100 RPM? I can seem to find my HP/T graph anywhere.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the metric deficient, what does 37 kgn translate to in ft/lbs? Or what is the torque at 8500 rpm in kgn? I can calculate it backwards from there. Thanks for the quick come back.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well, I always read in Nm, so all the other terms are weird for me.

@8500 rpm --> 34 kgm

@4750 rpm --> 373 Nm = 38 kgm = 275,6 lbs/ft

That is what La Ferrari 2002 says atleast

·
Registered
749 Posts
tmeranda, if you know the hp @ a certain rpm, then you can calculate the torque directly, as power is just the "rate of doing work (or torque)". This could make it easier if you are plotting gear-change points, etc.

I'll see if I can post the imperial & metric relationships today sometime (I've got to figure them out! :nuts: ) :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
OK, the boffins have been hard at work. The relationships between metric and imperial power and torque are as follows ...

Imperial:
Horsepower (hp) = Torque (lbf-ft or "foot-lbs") x RPM / 5252

Metric:
Horsepower (kW) = Torque (Nm) x RPM / 9549

Because of these direct relationships, you will find that irrespective of what an engine's torque or power curves look like, an "imperial" set of curves will always cross at 5252 rpm (and metric at 9549 rpm!!). It's just a function of the maths. 8)

BTW, if you are into this stuff, here are a couple of links worth checking ..
http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeApeRacing/tech/miscpower.cfm
http://www.off-road.com/hummer/tech/power.html

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey 4i2fly do you have a graph of a modena on a dynojet instead of the dynapack. i like dynojet power better hahaha. its just what i'm use too. with those dyna packs the operator of the machine can manipulate the numbers and make the car seem like it has more power.

Ed-

·
Registered
82 Posts
yo man can you please make sure that it is a dynojet please. i am really interested in seeing what kind of graph that motor can draw. make sure you ask the guys to give you the graphs in bitmap format so you can post them up here. also let me know where you are. and what modifications do you have if any. i know a few people all over the us that are shop owners with dynojet's.

Ed-

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have no significant mods, only tubi and bmc air filters. I live in the san francisco bay area in california. Let me know!

Cheers,

·
Registered
82 Posts
Call dynospot racing in San Jose. (About 30-45min outside San Francisco)
http://www.dynospotracing.com
408-271-9800
Dynospot Racing is having a Ferrari dynoday this weekend I believe.

have fun man. and dont forget to ask them for a copy of one of the runs on bitmap file so we can all see it.

Ed-

·
Registered
151 Posts
O.K. you put the bug up my... I am going there on Monday at 12:00 PM. I will post the results as soon as I get back.

Cheers,

·
Registered
82 Posts
haha sorry man

thats cool let us know how it went bro.

Ed-

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's the graphs for the HP and Torque. At the bottom the air fuel mixture shown and according to these guys who are software experts the car is at optimum with the current set up producing the HP. They had a baseline from a F355. The HP difference at the wheel is about 40 HP and I guess at the crank only 20 HP based on some os the articles I have read. I have taken a picture, he would not share the file! Here they are: the pdf is mine and the jpg is the comparason.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
are you happy with those numbers man?? you dont sound to exited.

Ed-

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is never a dull moment in a 360Modena, even on the dyno stand. There was a CL55 on the stand right before mine. The sound out of that super charged V8 was nothing compared to the scream the 360Modena was about to put out.
About the numbers, I guess the F355 power loss through the drive train vs. the 360Modena is quite surprising. F355 is rated at 375 HP vs. 298.5 HP on the dyno and the 360 rated at 395HP vs. 339.8HP on the dyno (that’s like 50% more loss than the 360). I was also surprised that mine showed about 29 more HP than the earlier 360Modena dyno graph??? But I tell you the difference in HP/weight ratio in the Modena vs. F355 is very obvious when you drive one. And, the numbers back them up. What a leap in performance.

Cheers,

·
Registered
82 Posts
aaaaaallright there we go thats better. glad to see your happy with the outcome. how did they treat you? everything good at the shop?

Ed-

1 - 20 of 27 Posts