Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
am interested to buy a pre-owned Ferrari am mostly interested in a 360 or F430,
because i really like the design of the car.

Before going further into the models, i wonder if there is a rule of thumb of how often or in what intervals a Ferrari has to be driven in order to keep it in good condition?

I am not talking about a maintenance after a certain amount of miles, more the other end of the range what has to be the minimum to drive it.

From an investment point of view (if you can really say that): Would be a 360 or F430 the better option and which model exactly? Is it better to go for a left or right - handed version?
Am living in Hong Kong in a left hand traffic zone, but could buy it back "home" in Europe in a right hand traffic zone).
Europe might be more interesting, because of higher speed limits.
But opportunities to drive it would be limited to 3-4 times a year.

Thanks for your answers :).

·
Registered
434 Posts
First 360 & 430 are both great cars. The 360 is a 3.6liter whereas the 430 is 4.30 liter. The 360 has a belt vs the timing chain for the 430. For the 360 buy a gated version and on the 430 the F1;granted the very few gated that were ordered on the 430 are now quite expensive. I have heard, you should drive a car once a month. Personally, I take my F430 out every 2 weeks. I would also drive the car for a minimum of 30 minutes non-stop.
"Investment point of view"? The statement is contradictory to your other questions.
If you plan on living in Hong Kong for say > 2 years then I'd buy the car there. Finally if you look are looking at the 1st year of production 360(1999) and the F430(2005) you require a little more due diligence to make sure the issues specific to those years are fixed. Getting a PPI from a reputable shop should address those concerns. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I try to get my Gated 360 spider out at least every couple of weeks, usually every week.
I also try to keep the drive more than 30 Min. if just going around town.
I have never driven a 430 but a spirited drive in my 360 with the top down through the mountains near me is pure joy.

You can't go wrong with either car, good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i scanned thru ur post and noticed one thing, "investment value"
everyone will tell u to just buy it, drive it and enjoy it and not worry about the future value
in my point of view, because money does not come easy for me.. i would have to look at future depreciation as well.
through my research … ive noticed F430 were at its bottom 2 yrs ago. now its gone up and will go up higher as….. 458 will always stay above 180k usd
therefore 430 will never go past that value but will come close.
360 rocketed ...so from investment stand point isn't go
we are talking "NORMAL" F1 360,430,458" not special models

as for LEFT and RIGHT hand drive.....RHD will always be easier to sell in HK, easier to register or insured as well

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
If y’all can afford it the 430 is a better choice as far as maintenance goes, no belts. IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts