Ferrari Life Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same color, same wheels, same calipers, same challenge grill ... my car with a stick :yikes:
:)
Very well done Rich! It was so interesting to follow your mods, illustrated by the step-by-step pictures. A very professional job! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Will you start the F430 soon ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I have all the 430 issues worked out. However, my friend is now on the fence as to whether or not he wants to proceed. I will wait him out. If I don't get a chance to do that for him, maybe in the future I will do this again. I am not ready myself, as I really like my 360 now, and somehow I have started to like the 360 more than the 430 as far as looks. Yes I would love a 4.3l motor with chains, but the belt issue is not that big a deal.
So that project must wait until he is ready.

Last night was snow again, although only 4 inches. I guess the spring will feel better than normal this year!

Also, I wanted to give a shout out and thank you to Trev360 for his technical assistance. I apologize for not including you earlier.

This place is certainly a wealth of knowledge, and the people here are terrific. I am sure with enough time any problem can be solved by the members of this forum!!

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great article. I am going to tackle this conversion. Are there any conflicts with sport mode as it has some special features in f1 cars? Also, do you still offer the kit you were offering?

Jon

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Jon- The new CM (Cambio Manuale) Motronic DMEs will fix that for you. The Sport switch does the same thing for the 3 pedal 360s, except in F1 360s, it speeds up shifting, too.

Welcome to Ferrari Life.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
You have to have new manual transmission Motronic ECUs. They are different from the F1 Motronic ECUs and do not send or look for TCU signals through the CAN. That solves your Sport switch problem. DME is digital motor electronics.

You sure you want to try and do this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have all the 430 issues worked out. However, my friend is now on the fence as to whether or not he wants to proceed. I will wait him out. If I don't get a chance to do that for him, maybe in the future I will do this again. I am not ready myself, as I really like my 360 now, and somehow I have started to like the 360 more than the 430 as far as looks. Yes I would love a 4.3l motor with chains, but the belt issue is not that big a deal.
So that project must wait until he is ready.

Last night was snow again, although only 4 inches. I guess the spring will feel better than normal this year!

Also, I wanted to give a shout out and thank you to Trev360 for his technical assistance. I apologize for not including you earlier.

This place is certainly a wealth of knowledge, and the people here are terrific. I am sure with enough time any problem can be solved by the members of this forum!!

Thanks again
Hi Rich,

What a great write up. It is exactly what I'm looking for as I'm preparing to do the same thing. Did you keep a list of the parts you ordered for the entire conversion? Would be very handy!

Thanks in advance.

Bernard

101 - 110 of 110 Posts