Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another thread I mentioned a 360 CS Spider. Some of you may have been thinking I'd been smoking the funny stuff. :D

Someone I know, took a 360 Spider and turned it into a CS version. It wasn't just cosmetic either. He changed the ECU's, gearshift and even the wishbones.

I'm not a big fan of 360's, but I've made it known that if it comes up for sale to let me know first!!! I think it looks fantastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It looks fantastic and it's easy to do with a few panel changes and a stripe.

It does look very nice.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yea i know Mark personaly. And his car is alot more than just a stripe and carbon mirrors. He also has the carbon ceramic breaks of a one of CS made for the Janapeeze marked. they are factory painted gold. He also has all the other CS parts which include the deffusers and exhaust system. He also does all the work him self. Hes a good lad and great car.
i have had a theory over the last few weeks since the Factory released the new Scus spider. They might have seen Marks CS Spider on the web, after all they monitor certain Ferrari Forums. So why the hell not get an idea from it;)

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---i have had a theory over the last few weeks since the Factory released the new Scus spider. They might have seen Marks CS Spider on the web---
Possible but I think this was in the works for a while due to the success of the spider especially here in the US.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I think they may have thought of it but were waiting to see what success the CS would have at first.

I had read that the concept for the glass over engine concept on the 360's came from a show where a 348 owner had dramatically altered his engine cover with glass.

A Ferrari person was reported to have seen it and was stimulated bringing the concept back to the design team.

So while the individual Stradale spider idea may have been an individual idea it is possible that it did stimulate the Scuderia spider concept.

·
Registered
104 Posts
One of my friends ordered a CS coupe, and after driving for a few months ordered and spec'd out a spyder (from the factory) in CS trim (interior, exterior, etc).

So, there is at least one of these floating around.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Interesting that the factory would do that. Was the interior fully equal to that of a CS?

Apparently they want to promote inividualizing vehicles for the additional revenue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting that the factory would do that. Was the interior fully equal to that of a CS?

Apparently they want to promote inividualizing vehicles for the additional revenue.
He is a very good client, so it wasn't too tough. I believe it had all the CS spec.

Did the factory badge it as a Challenge Stradale ?
I don't remember, but I remember sitting in it, and it was full CS spec

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI Chaz, Mark

Yea i know Mark personaly. And his car is alot more than just a stripe and carbon mirrors. He also has the carbon ceramic breaks of a one of CS made for the Janapeeze marked. they are factory painted gold. He also has all the other CS parts which include the deffusers and exhaust system. He also does all the work him self. Hes a good lad and great car.
i have had a theory over the last few weeks since the Factory released the new Scus spider. They might have seen Marks CS Spider on the web, after all they monitor certain Ferrari Forums. So why the hell not get an idea from it;)

Hi Chaz, are you still in touch with Mark -- am looking to do the same -- 360 Spider to CS conversion, engine, ecu, suspension, etc eveything -- would like to find out more -- thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts