Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 360 Challenge has now been sold and was picked up by the new owner last Friday. Sad to see it go and would have liked to do one more season with it. The 360 Challenge is a terrific track car and a blast to drive. Very quick, great handling, and plenty fast. With a bit of work, you could keep up with the 430 Challenges.

However given the huge question marks hanging over the whole Ferrari GB Motorsports program and Fiorano Ferrari in particular, I decided it was better to sell early rather than risk getting stuck with the 360 Challenge without a program to participate in. More on this later but right now I am very unhappy on the way Ferrari has handled the communication.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Sorry to hear that Boxer, but I'm sure you will find your way to owning another Challenge/Scuderia type car if that is what you want. Plus you have your wonderful Daytona to look forward to when Al has finished with it.
Having experienced your 360 Challengeas a passenger at Donington Park last year, I can say that it really is an awesome experience being in the car, even as a passenger.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Thanks. It was a very accomplished car. Just wish I had had more opportunities to use it. What we really need are race track clubs where you can go out anytime.

They are getting more popular: it will be the only means I'll get anymore to get true track time.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are getting more popular: it will be the only means I'll get anymore to get true track time.
Why Ferrari has not set up clubs or at least co-sponsored Owners Track Clubs is completely beyond me. When I mentioned the idea to one of there marketing people a few years ago, all I got was a blank look.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
After you wanted to sell it, I'm happy for you that you sold it. As you said before, the occasions to go and drive a race/track Ferrari are so much rarer than just walking into your splendid garage, choosing the keys of either the Daytona,360, F40 or F50 and just start the engine and enjoy. The hassle of transportation, flying, dependence of others maintaining it, cost for replacing hard used material are beyond anybodies imagination after all. You have now Ferraris from the 70's,80's and 90's, and within each period the greatest of them all.....enough reason to enjoy:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After you wanted to sell it, I'm happy for you that you sold it. As you said before, the occasions to go and drive a race/track Ferrari are so much rarer than just walking into your splendid garage, choosing the keys of either the Daytona,360, F40 or F50 and just start the engine and enjoy. The hassle of transportation, flying, dependence of others maintaining it, cost for replacing hard used material are beyond anybodies imagination after all. You have now Ferraris from the 70's,80's and 90's, and within each period the greatest of them all.....enough reason to enjoy:thumbsup:
Many thanks. Especially coming from the owner of the greatest Ferrari from the current decade. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts