Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last tank of fuel I got 356km this equates to approximately 220 miles. In using the car daily, I have seen the fuel economy get better and better.

Of course, most of my driving is on the highway and when the car isn't properly warm (most of my journey to and from the office) I am not revving it very high, but I am really impressed.

My last 308 never got over 300km on a tank.

So frugal it's like a diesel 308!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes. If you consider that you spend some of that time warming her up, can you imagine the rate at which she drinks when you are pressing on?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Knocked down 415 miles average was 80mph on a tank in the Rossa driving to Indy last weekend went down to 385 averageing 90 on the way home

·
Registered
308 Posts
The longest distance I've done in my Testarossa without refueling was driving down to Indianapolis, hitting a traffic jam, getting to the concours show at the Indy-500 track for the day, leaving and getting stuck in traffic again, and finally driving back home. My speed on the highway was around 75mph to 80mph. I think the total driving distance was 387 miles (or about 628 kilometers). As I pulled into my driveway the low fuel light just popped on. I drove the car with "spirit" many times during the trip. Like BOXER says about his F40, this sounds pretty good but Testarossas hold about 35 gallons of fuel !!

With the price of fuel now days I would definately take it easier. I have no idea what kind of mileage a TR gets, but I would guess around 18 to 22 miles per gallon on the highway if driven conservatively.

·
Registered
167 Posts
carguy what year of Rossa do you have mine does not have a low fuel light...and seems to hold about 24 gallons of fuel

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello "the head"......

My TR is a 1989 U.S. model. Look in your owner's manual and it should show you the capacity of your fuel tanks, I thought all TRs were the same? I have never totally ran my tanks dry, or ever totally filled them up....but I have put in 30 gallons at one time. It's kinda scary when you think about having over 200 pounds of gas behind you. When I pumped in 30 gallons and went inside the station to pay for it...the attendant kept looking outside for something. Finally she looked at me with a confused expression and asked me...."where's your truck?" I smiled, shook my head.....and quietly pointed at the ol'e TR. Her mouth just dropped open.....and I said...."yeah...I know...".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts