Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hie guys i am gonna purchase a ferrari 355 and i am new bout ferrari and i am just wondering is better to get a spider or a fix roof...help pls....thanks alot guys....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Berlinetta!!! I dont know if there are any REAL reasons to get one over the other. With the GTS you'll face maintinence on the top, but I think they're no more suceptable to damage than any other top. I just love the looks of a GTB.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I love the coupes and I live in California. I just like the fact that the car is more rigid and I think the Berlinetta looks better than the Spider. The only plus I can give the Spider over the Berlinetta is the fact that you'll hear the engine better.

I would drive both if you can then make your decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Acctually i wanna get a spider but since i have read so much on this forum telling that the spider is a peice of s#$t made by a italian so i wonder if i drive one of those spider one day i will be always worry about the roof will not works where else the berlinetta on the roof is hassle free anyway in malaysia (i live in malaysia)now there is this f355gts for sale and i ahve also read about the gts from this forum that it says is always leaking when it rains....anyway i wanna thanks enzogto and funkyjunc for replaying and you guys are rite with the spider you can hear the engine roar witht the tubi...damn...luv those sounds...killing me man.....

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Personal taste & purpose

It all boils down to what you are looking for. As stated earlier, probably the best arguments for getting GTS is the open air feeling and more direct engine music to your ears. Of course there are downsides also. If your taste is no roof, then that is what you should get. I used to own a Berlinetta myself few years ago and I enjoyed the car very much without any serious problems (manual shift, a must). I liked the spider also but in Japan this is not very practical. The only real purpose here is to show off to others. If where you live is suited for spider, that might be the choice. Either way, enjoy. Jimmy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jimmy...you are from japan...boy....nice place to be yeah anyway i am only thinking bout spider and berlinetta not gts and yes...i only can effort for the 6 speed manual shift cause the f1 gearbox i heard alot of problem and its much more expensive cause i guess its newer the the manual shift anyway is the maintence high for a f355?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts