Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its now been two years and thousands of miles in the UK and across main land Europe. And not a moments problem what so ever.
When i fitted them two years back there were some moaners saying they wernt legal in the UK because they did not have auto-levelers. Well when i fitted the kit i set my light beams to the correct standard beam levels via an MOT light checking machine. Perfect!
And for the record so that everyone knows, i have never blinded anyone on the opposite side of the road, and no one has flashed at me as a few suggested (so that myths busted:grin:) When driving in Main land Europe i did the mandatory sticker on the light lens bit without problems. Also i have never been stopped by the police (and i am even a black man in a Ferrari guys:D) and the car along with its lighting system has always passed the UKs MOT vehicle test certification.
The light beam is clear and brighter than standard units and for the sake of safety its fantastic, in terms of looks its fantastic:D
The www.HID4U.co.uk kit has been faultless in the two years that i have owned the setup. Now you know, so take it from some one who knows as opposed to those who will base siht on theory;) Recommended.
PS. By the way the side lights are Xenon look LEDs. Again another simple install.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
You were one of the few who i told were i got them from you silly git. I am not repeting my self again:smug:
A clue is i got them from the same place as you and i bought our clear side indicators.
Will you be kind enough to tell those that are on the other side of the pond? I too am interested as those look really good.

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Chaz ............ I remember when you did that mod ........ it is good to see your follow-up report ........ :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok just because Spyder-man asked me, i dug out my pictures from two years back. I will add to this thread explaining a few things about fitting the kit:thumbsup:
The kit is basically self explanatory. There two ballasts/control boxes and two Xeneon bulbs.
In a nut shell the wiring goes like this. There are two looms that come from the box. One feeds into the original live and earth from the car. The other comes from the rear of the new bulbs and feeds back to the box:thumbsup:
The ballasts/control box i used cable ties to the side brackets under the car beside the headlight pods (pic1). First the front under tray corners are removed.

Now for the lights.
1/ Remove the 4 screw that hold on the light pod face. making sure that you put in some cloth to catch the screws should they fall....ask me how i know:thumbsdown: (pic 2,3 &4))

2/ The surround will now come away. (pic 5)

3/ See them 3 clips that are holding the light unit in? Place in a flat head screw driver and just twist, they will release and the light will now come out. (pic 6,7 & 8) If the light does not come out, on mine one slid out and the other did not quite fit. Then in picture 9 you will see the view when the bonnet is open and when you are looking down the side of the light. That 10mm nut has to be removed and the adjusting arm freed (pic 10&11). Though be careful because now the light will be free to drop. Doing the above will now allow the pod to raise that little bit more to remove the light:thumbsup:

HELPFUL NOTES:

Picture 12 shows that the two new looms come up from the rear of the pod. One loom feeds into the cars original live and neg feed. The other two wires come from the rear of the new bulb. Both new wire looms go back to the ballast/control box.

Picture 13 & 14 show how i had to cut a hole in the top of the light cap to acomedate the new much longer Xenon bulb. Also i slotted the side of the cap to take the new live and earth loom. The side slot is your choice. You can do it another way if you like, but there is no getting away with not making a round hole in the cap to acomidate the longer bulb.

Picture 15 should help a little more in understanding the wireing.

Now once you have put every thing back together. Should you find that your head lamp pods either sit high or low when they are down. The units need adjusting, this will be because if you remember you had to remove the headlamp lifting rod (pic 10&11). so now the seating level has to be fine tuned. Picture 16 shows the 10mm adjusting nut, there is a lock nut at each end as well by the way. Looking from the battery cut of side of the car, the nut has to be over and to you towards the wing to LOWER the pod (or anti-clock wise looking from the front of the bumper). In turn if you have to go clock wise (looking from the bumper) to raise the pod:thumbsup:
Now i know a lot may find that end bit useful because there are alot of crooked head lamps out there:crowngrin:
The last two pictures just shows the kit i used. Note the differences in bulbs lengths.
I think all my rambelings made sense to some one:cry:
And i hope this will help who ever gives a dam and wants to know about the Xenon conversion.
But do you realy think i care if it dont:evil: All this siht was for Spyder-man and not you so on ya bike Mo Fos:steeringwheel:......i know, i know i can be a twat LOL!!!:crowngrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey man , the front grill looks just awesome !

Is it a complete bumper or just the grill ? Does it fit on 348 TS ?!

Xenon is just perfect !

·
Registered
402 Posts
Chaz - i am about to replace my lows, highs and fogs. Did you access this from the bottom-up or can I complete the transformation without lifting the car up and accessing it from the bottom. - Pete

·
Registered
402 Posts
spyder
- so do i have to access the headlamps from the bottom? If so, that means lifting the vehicle and removing the access panels at the bottom. am i correct?

·
Registered
64 Posts
spyder
- so do i have to access the headlamps from the bottom? If so, that means lifting the vehicle and removing the access panels at the bottom. am i correct?
Monza, headlights from the top (see the pictures in this thread from Chaz) for the fog lights, it's from below. Yes, jack it up and remove the panels underneath the car.

If you're putting in a HID kit, then you'll still need to site the ballast's somewhere and there is ample space, access from below.

S

·
Registered
402 Posts
OK i have procrastinated long enough due to a new girlfriend :thumbsup:

Will post pics and details of the job hopefull by the end of this fall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts