Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window motor on my 355 Spider drivers side appears to have gone. The microswitch still works, so it is getting power, but the window does not budge. Worst thing is that because of this, the roof won't go back up either.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem, and where I could get reconditioned motors because I don't really want to pay £900 for a new one.

Even better, does anyone know how to drop the window manually in emergencies?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, its a very common problem. Just happened to me too. The Ferrari agent serviced the motor and rewired the relay wiring. It works fine now. U do not need to change the motor. Lung in Singapore

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
lung7707 said:
hi, its a very common problem. Just happened to me too. The Ferrari agent serviced the motor and rewired the relay wiring. It works fine now. U do not need to change the motor. Lung in Singapore
Lung,

Welcome to the site. Thank you for helping a fellow Ferrari owner with his questions. I hope you enjoy the website and will share some wonderful F355 stories with us.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
lung7707 said:
Lung, Welcome to the Ferrari Forum. It is a great site with a lot of helpful members from all over the globe. Boxer42

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lung7707 said:
Thanks Lung,

You're right, it was just the wiring. Simple five minute job and it all works fine.

Ta for the advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts