Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Forgive me if this is just one of those Ferrari eccentricities but neither the speedometer and tach on my, new to me, 1998 355 never reach 0 even with the engine off, the parking brake on and the car in the garage. Speedometer stops at 10 MPH tach stops at about 900 RPM.

Thanks for your help.

David

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, Thanks for holding off on the ridicule. After looking at the speedometer and the tach in better light, it has been grey and gloomy ever since I bought the car, I can see that it cannot ever go below 10 MPH.

David

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Boxer,

I have decided to stop worrying about the car and just drive it.

Cheers.

David

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Thanks Boxer,

I have decided to stop worrying about the car and just drive it.

Cheers.

David
Wow. You just gave yourself the best advice ever! People worry about Ferraris but it is just a car. Give it clean oil, clean fuel, clean air and you've eliminated about 95% of the things that can ever go wrong with the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Pete,

It seems like a fantastic car that is wonderful to drive and beautifully made. All that worry was getting in the way of enjoying it.

David

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao tutti

Thanks Pete,

It seems like a fantastic car that is wonderful to drive and beautifully made. All that worry was getting in the way of enjoying it.

David
Good for you. :thumbup: Now :drive: it like you stole it.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Thanks Pete,

David
I used to get all worried about my car because I wanted it "perfect" until I got some good advice from a member here. He said, "Look, it isn't like you've got a unique museum piece. It's a car. They made thousands of them. Drive it!" Those words changed my life. Now I don't mind driving it hard and putting it away wet. In fact, I didn't even wax the car this last year and you know what? It still looks fine.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks Pete,

David
I put close to 7000 kilometers on my F40 in the 1st year of ownership. Ferraris are tough cars that need to be driven. Sit it, worry about it, and it will go to hell. Drive it and you will have a happy car and a happy owner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think those last 5 posts are the best I have see. I tell all my clients drive the damm things, they need it. Well done to you guys who figured it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yesterday I drove the car in absolutly horrible Oregon weather. Rain, wind, etc. It did not melt and I felt pretty proud of myslef. I saw one other Ferrari out. A yellow 430 spyder doing the same.

David

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Yesterday I drove the car in absolutly horrible Oregon weather. Rain, wind, etc. It did not melt and I felt pretty proud of myslef. I saw one other Ferrari out. A yellow 430 spyder doing the same.

David
Oh great now you went and did it, enjoy the car but don't abuse it jeeees man the rain what were you thinking. :p :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I apologized to it afterwards. I should probably not mention it but it was snowing when I test drove it.

David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts