Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to change my valentine 1 radar detecter display etched into it from the right side to the left where it's more visible at speed. i am having a problem finding either a replacement mirror (at a reasonable price) or a piece of beveled mirrored glass to replace the originally etched one.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
steve

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
i want to change my valentine 1 radar detecter display etched into it from the right side to the left where it's more visible at speed. i am having a problem finding either a replacement mirror (at a reasonable price) or a piece of beveled mirrored glass to replace the originally etched one.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
steve
The original Ferrari mirror (and maybe I'm just jaded by all this stuff) @ $165 isn't really too expensive compared to everything else on the car. Having said that, couldn't you just pop the glass out and take it to any glass-shop/cutter in your town? The two halves of the mirror come apart very easily and the glass just 'falls' out.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=234144

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. thinking all things ferrari I wasn't even thinking ferrari mirror. I just incorrectly imagined the price was astronomical. Compared to the job for the Valentine and the blinder installation the $165 mirror isn't even a blip on the radar.

As for just replacing the rear glass apparently my installer tells me that there is a type of bevel glass used in order to actually dim the headlights and he hadn't really inquired from a glazier will was involved.

I will inquire from him but not feel intimidated now that I know that the mirror is available for human prices. Again thanks.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts