Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hav found a 355 96 spider. It has no "papers" due to a chassi change I think. So it can only be runned on test plates. It has 43000Km on the counter and needs a repair on the hood, right front fender, new right front light, front window and blinker. The seller is asking 32500 euro. It is also delivered with new org. Challenger front and rear bumper (whats the retail on those). Any opinions? Should i go for it? would I get the same kind of money back as a complete "part car"? Thanks

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
There's something dodgy here. Chassis number is a must. Unless the car was stolen and the number erased. Don't even consider buying it, because it will land you into trouble.

Every chassis that came out of the fatory and every engine that's produced have a seriel number. Anyone who says otherwise is a con and I do hope you're not fooled by his lies.

If he has fabricated the chassis himself then he can't pass it off as a Ferrari!! :evil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Norway. I think we and Denmark has the highest car taxes in the world. A common thing here is that people take a car that has been in the country from the first time of registration and switch the number with, often, a mint conditioned German or Swiss car. Off course to save work so they wont have to bother rebuilding the whole car. The "left over" car then has no papers since they and the cahssis number has switched car. This car is actually sold by a quite large Benz, Porsche, Jag, Ferrari distributor. I`m sure its not stolen since we have a super strict system in this country and you will be stopped by patroling police at least a few times a month with a car like this, just for paper checks. So my question i s actually, is this car as a part car worth this kind of money? It also comes with the original service book. :-? I found a totaly damaged front chrashed 355 in Germany.. Price, 33500 euro. Does anyone buy this? It would not be worth rebuilding.. If I bring a foreign car I have to pay 24%in taxes. pluss the engine volume\power\car weight taxes.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Calie, we in Malaysia pay 300% Import Duty onimported cars. Yet we don't tamper with the seriel number of the chassis or engine. Sorry I just don't follow your logic.

Cars assembled in the country like Volvo, certain models of BMW and Mercedes and most Japanese brands are taxed 55%. Owning cars are a big burden here. They cost more than houses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300%.. Madness... Ithink we have between 100% - 150% depending on age, power etc. But still... Is this car, as a legal car, worth this kind of money? What will I be able to sell this for later, as a parts\track\fun something car?? Of course then in a non tax basis country. A completely functional and legal car as this seems really temting... Its just that for a 21 year old as my self its still a bit of money to put up in a car. Especially when I also have a money consuming Bemz.. me really want.. buhuu :( Or am I totally :nuts:

·
Registered
383 Posts
save some money, wait a while and get a real F-355. You won't be dissapointed. If you jump too soon, you might regret the buy, and 33,000 might be cheap for a ferrari, but for a lemon, i definately isn't worth the hassle. My advice is; wait. Good things come to those who wait! :)

and yeah, ur taxes are nothing like what we have here. The only country as absurd as we are is Singapore. And no, we don't change serial numbers are any of the weird things you do there.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
If every part on the car is genuine Ferrari except the chassis then you could in theory part out the entire car on ebay.

Look at ebay and see what the price is for seats, brakes, suspension, steering wheel, you name it. Try to add this all up and see if you can make money on it.

I don't think it is wise to buy as a car for you to own and drive. But it would make a nice parts car if you already had a F355 sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
adlinyusman said:
save some money, wait a while and get a real F-355. You won't be dissapointed. If you jump too soon, you might regret the buy, and 33,000 might be cheap for a ferrari, but for a lemon, i definately isn't worth the hassle. My advice is; wait. Good things come to those who wait! :)

and yeah, ur taxes are nothing like what we have here. The only country as absurd as we are is Singapore. And no, we don't change serial numbers are any of the weird things you do there.
It is not weird. Take this for instance, you have a Norwegian Benz s320... You crash it.. A lot of work to get it all sorted out. Your insurance pay their money, and a car dealer buys the wreck. This wreck still is in the system with paid taxes, or the chassi number is. So lets fix all the damage and spend incredibly much time and money.. Or take a german s500 in mint cond. swap the torpede wall, and the three other areas with serial numbers from the s320 build into the s500, and suddenly you have a s500 ready for sale. As we know, the car industry, at least here in Europe is one of the dodgiest industries, and all the sellers avoid the truth to make the most cash. But youre probably right about that cheap 355, It might be a big loss of money. Sadly. This ferrari has by the way an org. chassi, I ment the number on this car along with the papers has been moved along to an other car, actually the numbers has just been copied.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
calie, if you're in that kind of market, all I can say "good luck". That's what the illegal market do. And you seems determined to go via that route to get your car. I have nothing more to say. :x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts