Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of a 355 spider. I like to work on cars so I am thinking that I may do some of the "easier" maintenance jobs on the car myself, for example changing out sensors. Where can I get a mechanics manual? Thanks.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boxer,
I'm downloading the manual from tradebit right now. I read in one of the other threads that a diagnostics software package is available from AutoEnginuity. I looked at their website. I don't see any mention of Ferrari. So you have any experience with this software or perhaps another?

·
Registered
366 Posts
AutoEnginuity

I think I'm the first one to mention Autoenginuity, and I have, in fact, used it on a 1996 Ferrari 355 spider. The reason it works is that any USA car 1996 or newer has to, by law, have a standardized connector under the dash, and allows you to look at a lot of standardized data I/O from the engine computer. You can also read codes and reset them. You can look at real time data as meters, or graphs. There is even a program that measures 0-60 times. There are additional data that you cannot see using Autoenginuity, such as ABS and Airbag data, and other proprietary computer information that only a dealer can read. (edit: I just looked at the web site, and they do offer some enhanced information on many cars, but not Ferrari) But you can read a lot of common stuff, like most of the sensor outputs, misfire info, and fuel system data. Great program.

Just make sure you get a 1996 or newer car. Won't work on a '95.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts