Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning

Does anyone have a contact for Ferrari U.K ? need some advise to offical Ferrari servicing , as had problems with my 355 after a service..Think the head gasket has blown and we dont believe service was carried out because the plugs are so rusty you wouldnt believe..

Any help would be apprecihated
Regards

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Good Morning

Does anyone have a contact for Ferrari U.K ? need some advise to offical Ferrari servicing , as had problems with my 355 after a service..Think the head gasket has blown and we dont believe service was carried out because the plugs are so rusty you wouldnt believe..

Any help would be apprecihated
Regards
Your best bet is to discuss it first with the head of the dealership that did the service. If that does not work, Ferrari UK's phone number is: 01753-878-700 and ask to speak to the head of Customer Service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that , I want to speak to Ferrari first to ask questions about what an annual service should in tail I dont want to ring the garage without some facts and figures just in case i am wrong.

I dont believe after 1000 miles after a service the head gasket should blow surely if the service was carried out correctly they would have noticed a problem.

Regards

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Thanks for that , I want to speak to Ferrari first to ask questions about what an annual service should in tail I dont want to ring the garage without some facts and figures just in case i am wrong.

I dont believe after 1000 miles after a service the head gasket should blow surely if the service was carried out correctly they would have noticed a problem.

Regards
Suggest you contact a good independent to get their opinion. Mike Wheeler at Rardley Motors should be able to help.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
An annual service should not include a head gasket. Unless your shop pulled the heads and/or you had valve work done, I would be very surprised if the shop was that deep in your engine.

Are you possibly referring to a valve cover gasket?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Isn't an annual service just an oil and filter change on a 355, plus a general check over?
Ferrari's generally don't have "annual" services.

They are usually 5K, 15K, 30K, etc.

Every two years general fluid changes, every year minimum oil change, and then belts serviced at every 3 years or 15K miles.

Maybe Martin355 could explain in better detail what he is experiencing, as he could not have been successfully driving that car with a blown head gasket. That sucker would have overheated long ago!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Ferrari's generally don't have "annual" services.

They are usually 5K, 15K, 30K, etc.
!
Absolutely correct by the maintenance schedule. However I still send all my Ferraris in for servicing at least once a year. Personally believe this is needed to at least check all the "consumables" - oil, coolant, brake pads, etc on the car.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
--- However I still send all my Ferraris in for servicing at least once a year. ----
Agree fully.

I do my own maintenance and do this myself. Just about to flush brake and clutch systems, then cooling.

After this I'll do the timing belts and then later this Spring replace the clutch.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Absolutely correct by the maintenance schedule. However I still send all my Ferraris in for servicing at least once a year. Personally believe this is needed to at least check all the "consumables" - oil, coolant, brake pads, etc on the car.

+1....that's what I do, 'cheap' preventative rx for the Ferrari.. just do it, not a big deal

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Engine and tranny oils are the most frequent change I do.

Makes a huge difference especially with Redline oils.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts