Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions:
- has anyone found or been suggested a smart solution to install an oil temp gauge on a 355 F1 ? I feel kind of uncomfortable with water temp only and never know when the engine oil is actually warm enough. Can the clock be replaced by the oil temp gauge of manual 355s ?

- spare F1 paddles. Mine's soft-touch paint is wearing off (Ferrari quality ...) and I'd like to replace them by carbon or brushed aluminium paddles. Been searching the web without success.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi there...

I found you today on the official Ferrari Forum. Also living in Lausanne ? Do you have that yellow 355 GTS I sometimes see here ?

I have posted a message in the Ferrari forum to invite you to a Yahoo newsgroup only for Swiss Ferrari Owners..question of easy communicating.

Other question : no problems with the F1 ? How much KM do you have with it ?

Didier.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You can replace the clock with another gauge, as long as it fits the hole. But for it to read oil pressure, you must install a compatible oil-pressure sending unit, somewhere in the lubrication system of the engine (best to install before the oil enters the engine, either from the oil cooler and/or the filter). It'd be easier to install an electronic gauge rather than a mechanical one (although, a mechanical gauge is more accurate).

For paddles, they may be still avaliable, since Ferrari did have an upgrade program (I think called the "Fiorano" package), which had alot of Carbon Fibre interior trim pieces. Try your local Ferrari dealer for this item.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts