Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the 355 - this is an F1 but no matter, I am questioning a recent eval on this lovely unit. Took it in for newly squeaking left side wheels/brakes. Brake light has been on. Handbrake doesnt seem seated, just up or down with no tension. Final clue is now pretty severe brake dust only rear wheels.

Is the handbrake failing? Or disc brakes needing adjustment/replacement (rotors/pads)?

Squeaking
Brake dust (obviously rubbing)
Handbrake oddity
Brake light on (triggered from Hand or Disc or reservoir?)

thanks much wizards!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the 355 - this is an F1 but no matter, I am questioning a recent eval on this lovely unit. Took it in for newly squeaking left side wheels/brakes. Brake light has been on. Handbrake doesnt seem seated, just up or down with no tension. Final clue is now pretty severe brake dust only rear wheels.

Is the handbrake failing? Or disc brakes needing adjustment/replacement (rotors/pads)?

Squeaking
Handbrake oddity

thanks much wizards!
[/QUOT

Squeaking
Handbrake oddity

thanks much wizards!
What you just described sounds like you have been driving the car without releasing de hand brake. The hand brake lever of the 355 is always without tension, to release the handbrake press and hold the button in the lever, without releasing the button pull the lever up then move it down again and then release the button, this will disengage the handbrake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you just described sounds like you have been driving the car without releasing de hand brake. The hand brake lever of the 355 is always without tension, to release the handbrake press and hold the button in the lever, without releasing the button pull the lever up then move it down again and then release the button, this will disengage the handbrake.
yes I agree that is what it acts like plus symptoms (light, dust, squeaks) but handle is down and always release it. It is odd it does not have tension as other cars do, and it can easily come down w/o pressing the button which is problematic - like is it even engaged. Once it was engaged, F1 in N and opened hood to check oil when handbrake release went down and driver door would not open. Oddities of the 355. Shut the hood, door unlocked, handle pulled back up.

Anyway getting second opinion from first mech who wanted 4 new rotors and pads vs investigating the handbrake as requested. Thanks and still stumped - until i'm not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I agree that is what it acts like plus symptoms (light, dust, squeaks) but handle is down and always release it. It is odd it does not have tension as other cars do, and it can easily come down w/o pressing the button which is problematic - like is it even engaged. Once it was engaged, F1 in N and opened hood to check oil when handbrake release went down and driver door would not open. Oddities of the 355. Shut the hood, door unlocked, handle pulled back up.

Anyway getting second opinion from first mech who wanted 4 new rotors and pads vs investigating the handbrake as requested. Thanks and still stumped - until i'm not.
And after re-watching a tension video i do see the difference in handbrake operation. I thus probably need new pads and adjustment now. still no clicks on engagement but ill have to trust it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts