Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a little new here, really love the site, I've learned a lot already reading some of the stuff thats on here.
I've arranged in a couple of days to have a trip to a couple of dealers where I will start my search for 'the right car', the questions that I'm about to ask will only really be answered at that point, but I'm keen to hear your views on this anyway.
My concern is over the general average condition of these cars, compared to 'normal' cars on the road today. The decision to spend £30K on a car like this can only be justified if I can find something which I feel is in good order, works properly, and looks newer that the 15 or so years old that it is.
I notice many cars are low mileage at 20,000-40,000 for a '91 348.... do you feel that the low mileage contribute to much better mechanical and cosmetic condition..... and does the low mieage characteristic mean that it's any easier to find a well cared for example
It's only that I keep picturing cars like the 115,000 mile 15 year old runnabout I got recently, it won't stop rusting, it smokes from the exhaust and bits keep falling off it !

How well do the Ferrari's last, are they 'generally' looked after better than a normal car, and can I ever expect to end up with one that with a private number plate can pass as half it's age ?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Condition is a matter of how well it has been cared for during its life. A 10,000 mile Ferrari that has sat in a garage for the last 10 years will have a huge list of issues needing to be addressed. A 40,000 mile Ferrari that has been driven and serviced regulary will be a great car. The three key elements for a good condition Ferrari are: use, proper/regular service, and a careful owner (i.e. full service records, proper storage, regular wax, leather conditioning, etc).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts