Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum as well as Ferrari's. I am currently looking towards purchasing a Ferrari spider. I am currently looking at a 95 348 spider black on black. The gentleman I spoke with regarding the vehicle told me it has a especial (spelling?) motor package giving it another 30hp. I have been unable to find any info about this. I am also considering holding out for a 355 spider with a six speed. What is everyone's opinion on which car is the better to own. I know the 355 is faster, more hp, but not sure if it is worth the extra 40 grand. I figure this would be the place to come find out.
Thanks in advance,
Clint.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
If you can afford the extra 40k (and that’s not much) go for the 355 it’s a much better car. Don’t get me wrong the 348 is really nice, it’s the one im looking for. The other 348 is the Series Special of just 348 Special and it only has 10 more HP. It has a front lip under the front spoiler that happens to be painted same color as the car at factory (but don’t be fooled, most owners who had them painted anyways), carbon fiber seats, slightly different exhaust and a little wider tires. So I wouldn’t pay more than 10K more for the Special, to me it’s not worth it.

Personally, here in Canada, the 355 is 60-80K more in price but if price was not an issue, I would jump at the 355 in a heart beat.

~

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Spyderman,
It is a personal choice. Buy the one that takes your breath away. The one where you see it in the garage and you are like, "Oh, yeah!".

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, I'd go for the F355, for sure

it is one of my favorite Ferraris, and then there's the noise hehehehehe =D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Oh yeah, concerning your quote "Second place is natures way of saying...YOU SUCK!", There's also the saying that being second just means you are the first loser. :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
To me, the 348 was the last of the old type popular Ferraris. The 355 was the first of the new breed of rear engine V-8s.

Your choice will not be wrong either way.

Good Luck.

:)

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Drive them both and then decide. F355 will be more reliable in the longer run.

IMHO, the 328 was the last of the old mechanically focused Ferraris, the 348 marked the introduction of more sophicated electronics and the F355 was a further development of the 348. Of the non-12 cylinder road cars the development groupings are: Dino 206/246, 308/328, 348/F355, and 360/430.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I think I will wait a little longer so that I can get the 355. More power, less weight, more refinements. I have always liked spiders the best, but I found a GTS on line and really like the looks of that car (red on black/red interior). The thing I like best about the GTS is the interior. The idea of a removable roof so that you can have the best of both worlds is not bad either. Hmmmm.....
For me this is a very big purchase. If the 355 is more reliable than the 348 that there is reason enough for me to go with one. I do not want to be throwing all my money into maintenance.
Thank again.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
For me this is a very big purchase.
For most people this is a very big purchase!! Good call on the 355. The waiting will make the car that much better when it is in your garage. I wouldn't mind having a 355 myself and I would be in a position to do it but I would have to sell my 308 and I really don't want to do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts