Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.
Long time no writing…
Does anybody on this lovely forum know anything about this car or perhaps even knows the owner of the car?
Make me happy and tell me something about it.

Unfortunately the link I added looks a bit strange, I hope it works.
But if not, you can search for it on www.mobile.de and look for F-cars, 348.
It’s the one in Newton Abbot GB.

I would be very happy if anybody here could help me out.

Best regards from a snowy Sweden.
E Stammler

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=96824884&__lp=4&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=8600&makeModelVariant1.modelId=12&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=de&pageNumber=1

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.
Thanks Boxer. I’ll contact them when I got the numbers.
I hope to have the VIN soon, I asked for a copy of the V5C and all docs that are of importance.
Wife is pushing me now, she wants a Ferrari this summer. :2thumbsup:

But problem is we still got plenty of snow here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd suggest you take her for a ride in a 360.

She will think the 348 is chopped liver after that!

Farfegnuggen! They have a ton of 348's for sale!
Actually, what I really want is a 308 GTB with carbs and dry sump.
That would look like?
Farfegnugen…. Wasn’t / hasn’t that word something to do with the VW beetle?
And sorry mate, but I can’t afford to spend 80-120k on a car.
But if you come to Sweden someday, I’ll invite you for a cup. And then you can invite me and my girl for a ride in your 360.
:crowngrin:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Actually, what I really want is a 308 GTB with carbs and dry sump.
That would look like?
That would look pretty neat so why then the 348?

---Farfegnugen…. Wasn’t / hasn’t that word something to do with the VW beetle?
Yes it was but being sent to a site in Germany to look at cars brings up the concept!!!

---And sorry mate, but I can’t afford to spend 80-120k on a car.
Now that's a damn shame but I do understand. I have always bought expensive cars. Can't help it.

---But if you come to Sweden someday, I’ll invite you for a cup. And then you can invite me and my girl for a ride in your 360.
I would like to but in your summer months only but would not bring the 360. I think a SAAB or Volvo would be more appropriate. No?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Now that's a damn shame but I do understand. I have always bought expensive cars. Can't help it.
That seems to be a horrible problem:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I have to say I have been a very fortunate person.

I came from a superb family of all professionals.

I received an excellent education from private high school through law school and never had a dime of student loans.

I have since my earliest days had beautiful cars and I worked hard for everything I have in life. Nothing was handed to me except the exceptional guidance form my parents.

Bottom line is with dedication you can achieve anything!

It has indeed been a horrible problem!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Your best bet would be to contact:

jtremlett
Angelis
cgt

do you have the Chassis number ?
+1

You can make out the index in one of the photos - G652 YDY - that would place the year of registration as 1990.

I think JT (jtremlett) maintains a database of certain F-models inc 348, definately worth asking.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would look pretty neat so why then the 348?
They do not grow on trees. And the 348… Farfegnugen…

Yes it was but being sent to a site in Germany to look at cars brings up the concept!!!
Well, why didn’t you buy a F40?

Hmm, I buy the car after the first owner has taken the biggest economical loss.
Your silver spoon probably was much bigger than mine.

I would like to but in your summer months only but would not bring the 360. I think a SAAB or Volvo would be more appropriate. No?
I agree, one of us would have to walk, the 360 only takes one passenger plus driver.
The SAAB takes 4+driver.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1

You can make out the index in one of the photos - G652 YDY - that would place the year of registration as 1990.

I think JT (jtremlett) maintains a database of certain F-models inc 348, definately worth asking.

I was promised to have the VIN and more pics in 1 or 2 days, and then I’ll contact JT.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'd suggest you take her for a ride in a 360.

She will think the 348 is chopped liver after that!
I agree.

As Gcalo says, the 360 is more of a womens car. If you want something easy to drive the 360 is perfect (360CS excluded of course).

Couldn't find the 348 that you are interested in on that website

You can find some other's for sale in the Uk here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=191

Jtremlett has info on most 348's in the UK, although he won't know about service history and condition.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have to say I have been a very fortunate person.

I came from a superb family of all professionals.

I received an excellent education from private high school through law school and never had a dime of student loans.

I have since my earliest days had beautiful cars and I worked hard for everything I have in life. Nothing was handed to me except the exceptional guidance form my parents.

Bottom line is with dedication you can achieve anything!

It has indeed been a horrible problem!

Very well said.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I agree.

As Gcalo says, the 360 is more of a womens car. If you want something easy to drive the 360 is perfect (360CS excluded of course).

Couldn't find the 348 that you are interested in on that website

You can find some other's for sale in the Uk here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=191

Jtremlett has info on most 348's in the UK, although he won't know about service history and condition.
It's the second one in the list. And thank you for the link.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your best bet would be to contact:

jtremlett
Angelis
cgt

do you have the Chassis number ?
I got the chassis number today.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---Well, why didn’t you buy a F40?---
The car does not appeal to me that much, it's not practical as a road car, and I like the graceful lines on my 360 better.

AND the correlation of 348 to 360 does not logically equate 360 to F40!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts