Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good source to find any information on the ferrari 333sp. i have always admired it but always wanted to know more.

Cheers
-Pete

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have searched on the web and so far found no usefull information. i will keep looking.

i saw my first 333sp in a movie about ferrari racers and strait away wanted one. granted it is a race car not a road car but still it would be fun to drive. the one i saw in the movie was spinning the tyres all through first and second gear the power for such a light car is uterly amazing. i think it would be one of if not my ultimate ferrari of all time.

i would be interested in any movies for this car, or build numbers, price specs and figures. anything will be appreciated.

Cheers
-Pete

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
If you end up finding lots of information and want to compile it into an article that would be great. I'll post it in the models section. If not I guess there is a need for it and I'll see if we can't add it here through out own research.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Seibert 333 SP book is the definitive book on the 333 SP, at least as to how and why the car was built and the first few seasons of racing. It has complete results by chassis number, and a quick history of each car, as well as full technical detail and really good photos. Ferrari Market Letter may still have a few copies, they show up on eBay occasionally, and T. E. Warth occasionally has one for sale. As mentioned, not cheap (only 2000 or so were printed). And no, mine is NOT for sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some more 333 SP facts:

41 chassis were built. All exist today, although at least three have been retubbed.

The car was originally designated as the 330 WSC. The engine was claimed to be evolved from the F50, although the 333 SP was released first.

Chassis 001-015 were sold through Ferrari (mostly through Ferrari North America, who were behind the development and sale of the car); chassis 016-041 were built, sold and serviced by Michelotto of Padova.

Original sale price was $948,000 US, but this included two spare engines, spare bodywork, and other parts. Figure an actual cost of $550,000 US for the complete car.

Prices today range from just under $500,000 to almost $1 Million US for one of the two most important cars (003 and 019).

The 333 SP probably has the longest active race history of any Ferrari sports/racer.

The 333 SP will be one of the featured cars at the Cavallino Classic in Florida later this month.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
This one just popped up via Mike Sheehan.

We are pleased to offer 1995 Ferrari 333 SP Evoluzione s/n 011, a "Ferrari-built" MOMO-LANDSHARK-LISTA team car driven by GianPiero Moretti, Wayne Taylor, Didier Theys, Gerry Jackson and 'Mad Max' Papis. 333 SP s/n 011 has twenty well-documented races in the 1995-1996 IMSA Series with sixteen top five finishes. A well maintained purpose-built endurance sport race car that will last a lifetime as a club racer or as the centerpiece of your collection. Comes with an updated computer with the needed software and a shop manual. Priced to sell at $895,000 USD.
1995 Ferrari 333 SP Evoluzione Serial Number 011
Perhaps the ONLY well-raced 333 SP never hit hard and still with its original tub! Delivered with a year-end total rebuild of chassis, gearbox and engine to 24 hour race specs when we last sold it in 1998. This stunning racer has been carefully maintained through a decade of dealer and museum storage. Fully serviced last year at an authorized Ferrari dealer by an experienced Ferrari-trained tech with extensive 333 experience. Full service with the clutch changed, the gearbox inspected and resealed.
Unveiled at the end of 1993, the 333 SP transformed racing in the bleak years following the demise of IMSA GTP series, established the standard for open top prototypes while ushering in Ferrari's official return to Sports Prototype racing after a 20 year absence. The 333 SP debuted in the third round of the 1994 IMSA GT Championship at Road Atlanta, finishing first and second. In the first year of racing four 333 SPs were campaigned by three teams: Euromotorsport, Momo Sports, and Team Scandia. In the next race, at Lime Rock, the 333 SPs monopolized the podium, and would take three more wins by the end of the season. In 1995 the 333 SP won the 12 Hours of Sebring and four other races, winning the Sports Prototype Championship while Fermin Velez won the drivers title. The 333 SP remained competitive, winning the FIA Sportscar Championship as late as 1999 with Collard and Sospiri and again in 2000 with Christian Pescatori and David Terrien for the JMB Racing-entered Ferrari. With a substantial IMSA history this 333 SP should qualify for entry into Europe as a car with significant Historic Interest with no Duty and VAT at only 5%.
This 333 SP would be the centerpiece for any serious Ferrari collection, is very user-friendly on the track and can be operated with the help of a single mechanic. Built to last 24 flat-out hours at Le Mans or Daytona, a 333 SP requires minimal maintenance in the hands of a private owner and is essentially bulletproof. The first twelve 333 SPs were actively raced and were built by Ferrari with the tubs by Dallara. These first series cars were sold and supported through Ferrari. S/n 013 was not built and from s/n 014 through 041 all 333 SPs were built, delivered, and supported by Michelotto. 333 SP Evoluzione s/n 011 offers a unique chance for the collector or driver to own a well documented and ultra-exotic race-ready state-of-the-art Ferrari-built Sports Prototype race car. With 650 horsepower at 11,500 RPM in an under-2000 lb rocket, the shriek of the V-12 at full song alone is worth the price of admission. A well maintained purpose-built endurance sport race car that will last a lifetime as a club racer. Comes with an updated computer with the needed software and a shop manual. Priced to sell at $895,000 USD.
If you have a similar Ferrari or other exotic you are looking to sell, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 949-646-6086 or 949-646-0481.

Please go by direct link to 1995 Ferrari 333 SP Evoluzione s/n 011 at http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/carintro.php?reqcardir=FE-333SP-011

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Hi Guys, my Ferrari tec rebuilt a motor for a cleint in the USA. Some pictures for you guys. We have access to all parts for body, suspension and drive train.
If you need anything , we can get it.
Thanks
Alex.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
He finished his Formula career in 2003 and then was in the states for a few months repair a few race cars . He returned to Italy and worked for Ferrari in research and development of street and race cars. He came to me in 2008 . He still has all in connection at the factory. A great asset .I have another Ferrari Tec arriving in the new year .
Some pictures of my Tec with Shumi .
A picture working on an old Ferrari race car.
Thank you
Alex.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
333sp

Hoping to recruit some more 333SP owners/drivers to join us at the FCA National Meet July30- August4, 2013 at Road America. Total of three attended in 2009.

Dan Harrison

1 - 20 of 28 Posts