Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the input. I've been looking at the 330GTS for some years now and have not seen many on the market. I agree this is not the time to buy for the best price, but I do wonder if I'll have many opportunities at one of these. Also, I keep what I buy so plan to own for a long time. That said, I'd still like to make a good buy.

So in general, how much more do you guys thing a 330 is worth than the 275 as that's the data point I have?

While there are some unrealistic sellers with them right now, we know an excellent example hammered at $350 and a less stellar car did not sell just below there. So the average 275 is now about $300K realistically.

Does anyone know what they're asking for the other 330 mentioned here as being on the market?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did a PPI on another 330GTS last week. The owner wanted $550K, than $500K and now he say $450K firm. It needs paint, has many minor issues and runs rich. It's
just been sitting too long. I passed. Now is the time to buy only the best examples in my opinion. And he's still over $50K overpriced if it was an excellent example. Why is it taking so many so long to get real? Feel sorry for this owner though, he seems to have lost it all, there's a big for sale sign on his house too. Thanks to those letting me know about cars available, it was a member here who told me about this car. If anyone knows any others please message me.

I waiting now most probably, in another 2 months I think you guys will be right, the selling prices will have a three in front of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ppi done last week

JTNY, what were the details on the car for $380K? And on the one at $450K firm? Here is one for sale.....albeit a perfect one.
http://www.rhcollectibles.com/showroom/1308/vehicle/222582/1967/Ferrari-330-GTS?sold=0

It's at $950K. The last two sold at Fantasy Junction were $950K and $875K. Both exceptional cars. The sales were Fall of last year. The one in Switzerland seems to have moved....not sure. This model is approximately 25-30% more valuable than the 275 GTS(fewer made, better nose, more power and no vibration due to torque tube.....a big issue) . The past 15 years of FML show this. Considered by many as the best, reasonably affordable open car. Never too many for sale....not the case with 275 and 250 open cars.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Proud owner or dealer with one in stock I presume 60's? LMAO (love this new slang) at the $950K. Does it come with a trunk full of gold bullion? I've checked out the aptly named Fantasy Junction's site just this week. I, too, wish it was 2007!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's wrong with this picture? First 60'sFerrari defends a $950K price as a first time poster and now he's a buyer? I'm guessing owner or dealer with one, there's a lot of this gong on around in the Fcar world right now.

Thanks Boxer, I'd appreciate any leads. More of everything seems to be coming on the market this month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Defends price is a little strong JTNY......just pointing out recent trades. As opposed to ignoring them. Remember when I asked for details on the supposed 330 sale at $380K?
Why haven't you posted serial numbers and details, as politely asked, on the car you supposedly missed. It must have been a gem(LOL), and if it wasn't and you failed to recognize it, shame on you.
Lots of that going on in Fcar circles (the sky is falling, the sky is falling). So I value comment like that with a grain of salt until facts and details are verified.
I do own 60's 12 cylinder cars......and I have cash in hand for more.
In recent threads you complain about getting booted from Fchat, and aren't sure whether you want Enzo's, 308's or 330's.......what's up with that? To each their own.....and like I said, I am in the market.......I didn't watch them go up, then down while being on the sidelines. Some of us have staying power and appreciate the cars for their merits, not JUST the monetary worth.
A 330 is simply worth more than a 275, and having owned both, I actully understand why. Good luck with your watching excercise, I hope it does it for ya!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you or don't you currently own a 330GTS? I had an email exchange in recent weeks with another owner. He's a guy in the trade end of the business who has had a 330 halfway on the market for years. 2 people suggested I contact him. When I did and a conversation on current prices ensued, he told me he was a buyer for "any and all" 330's at $400K.

Well, I was going to, per his request, pass on info on one I passed on when I mentioned him to a long time dealer. He let me know the joker was unable to fully pay for a car he was buying through him and clearly had no funds!

So yes, I do believe there's a lot of BS going on in this market. I also don't think it's my job to get you serial numbers.

While I don't believe a word you say, in the small event I'm wrong, we're competing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No 330 GTS.....as stated, looking to buy.
Do have 275 GTS.
Yes lot's of bs and radically different thoughts on numbers. That's wht hearing details of actual cars that have supposedly traded hands means something.....even if serial numbers aren't part of the equation.....but you knew that.
And you JTNY, what cars do you have?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks JazzyO. Does look like a great example but FJ continues to be California dreaming! Can't imagine they're selling much. The game it looks like they're playing is taking the cars at the owner's pipedream prices, waiting them out and holding the firesale several months hence.

60's Ferrari, as a 275 owner you must be watching recent sales. By your own formula, which I and most here feel gives too much of a boost to the 330 vs. the 275, a prime example 330 would be worth $455K at most.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spoke to some people about this car. It seems to be a fairly well sorted example with good documentation but not in the league of the 275 that sold at Scottsdale for $350K. This according to all makes this somewhere south of $400K.

It looks like FJ sold the current owner this car and is likely to participate in the pricing fantasy for awhile. Any thoughts?

Hey 60's, this is a heck of a bargain compared to the ones you speak of sold by the same purveyor of fantasies!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Spoke to some people about this car. It seems to be a fairly well sorted example with good documentation but not in the league of the 275 that sold at Scottsdale for $350K. This according to all makes this somewhere south of $400K.

It looks like FJ sold the current owner this car and is likely to participate in the pricing fantasy for awhile. Any thoughts?

Hey 60's, this is a heck of a bargain compared to the ones you speak of sold by the same purveyor of fantasies!
Lets see where prices ar post the May RM auction at Maranello. I think this will be where the major correction on soem models becomes very apparent.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I'm hearing from many, Boxer. There will be no more debates about values after Maranello and the summer auctions. The better advisers seem to be telling clients to sell anything they need to pronto.

I've never seen anything like the denial going on in this market. On the "other" chat board there's pictures of a 275 in tatters a dealer wants $700K for while Sheehan continues to sit on a reasonable example priced at $400K--still $100K too much right now.

I'm sitting back until September after the fat lady sings, folks realize the economy will just get worse and reality becomes more than a long forgotten concept.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm sitting back until September after the fat lady sings, folks realize the economy will just get worse and reality becomes more than a long forgotten concept.
My strategy as well. Even if you can buy one for $300k right now, I think it will be a mistake to do so. They will not be worth more in September.

1968 330 For Sale (Immaculate!)...
That is a GTC - we're discussing Spiders in this thread. But I do love the GTC - very pretty car.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
That's what I'm hearing from many, Boxer. There will be no more debates about values after Maranello and the summer auctions. The better advisers seem to be telling clients to sell anything they need to pronto.

I've never seen anything like the denial going on in this market. On the "other" chat board there's pictures of a 275 in tatters a dealer wants $700K for while Sheehan continues to sit on a reasonable example priced at $400K--still $100K too much right now.

Two things I am hearing are sell now if you can't avoid it or if you can, plan on holding for at least a year or two.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know what business you guys are in but I've been an economist for almost 50 years and I'm wondering how folks can think people will be back to buying luxury goods in a year or two! Europe hasn't even begun to feel the worst of it, the US correction is midstream with a useless stimulus plan and Asia is teetering.

Add in the after effects of a global downturn of this magnitude and look at what has happened to vintage cars and their recovery periods in much more minor recessions. Then tack on the inflation we're about to see.

Heck, 2 years is just not going to happen! You fellas remember 1990?

We are in for a very rough patch. Small businesses will continue to fail in large numbers. Larger businesses will stay lean to survive. People will be conservative with cash for a long time. We are likely to see safes with gold bars in garages instead of cars. Folks in my trade are long on cash in several currencies. This could get ugly.

I'm the guy who got thrown off the other web site because I said prices would fall hard. They will continue to. Buy what you want to keep, that's my strategy anyway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts