Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've spotted a really nice 330 GT 2+2 for sale. it's a single head-light model (series II, I really don't like the look of the series I) and it's a well known car that has been in Holland since 1986. I've already found the car in the 330Registry. It's been resprayed two years ago but the interior has nice patina.

I would welcome any input on what these cars are like to drive, what they are like to own, and what you think they're worth in today's market. I'm of the opinion that a good car should be worth about EUR90-100K, with a pristine one maybe a little more.

Here's a similar one for sale in the Czech Republic:
http://www.anamera.com/en/detail/car/25288/index.html?no_cache=1&ret=63

My thoughts on the 330GT 2+2 is that it's not quite as well shaped as the 330GTC but it's still a very pretty car with the same engine and two extra seats. And it costs almost half the price.

Any input appreciated!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, the link I provided is not to the car I've got my eye on, it is for a similar car. The one I'm looking at is dark blue metallic, it will go great with my 550. :) It outwardly looks just as good but the interior looks nicely patina-ed. Patinated? Eh, "with patina" maybe... :)

Archie - I like the Queen Mary, as the 365 GT 2+2 is sometimes called, a lot less than the 330. It is too barge like, too vast. The 330 still looks like a nice sporty grand tourer to me. No offense to anyone who owns a 365 GT2+2, of course, that's still a lovely car.

Thanks for the heads-up, though. Keep 'm coming!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a long talk with the owner today. What a lovely petrol-head chat! He found out I knew quite a bit about the car and Ferrari's in general and it just started to click.

I'm getting a very good vibe with this car and owner. He doesn't want to sell to anyone who isn't a true enthousiast and I'm happy to say he told me he got a good impression of me. I'll be viewing and hopefully driving the car this Friday.

I'm very excited - my first Colombo experience it will be! (If you don't know what that means - look it up!).

Onno

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Onno, sounds like you've found a good one, let's hope that the test drive goes well.
As for Colombo, just watch out, in the TV series he always made friends with the prime suspect and arrested them for a brutal triple homicide with an ice pick at the end of the show. If this guy is too friendly, RUN !!!!!!;)

By all accounts the Colombo served Ferrari well for the best part of 20 years, until a certain person fell out with Mr Enzo and moved on.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Onno, that's very good news!

Perhaps the 330 GT 2+2 will take over the place that the Boxer currently uses in your heart?

Post news after the test drive (and pictures, if you can). Have a good drive!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
My thoughts on the 330GT 2+2 is that it's not quite as well shaped as the 330GTC but it's still a very pretty car with the same engine and two extra seats. And it costs almost half the price.
Onno
Onno, I believe that the 330 GT 2+2 and the 330 GTC drive very differently. While it is definitely much less expensive, is it a car you are going to love? In the end, saving the $$$ does not really matter that much if you end up with a Ferrari you "like" vs. one you really enjoy.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Onno, I believe that the 330 GT 2+2 and the 330 GTC drive very differently. While it is definitely much less expensive, is it a car you are going to love? In the end, saving the $$$ does not really matter that much if you end up with a Ferrari you "like" vs. one you really enjoy.
Yes, Boxer, that's a good point and one that I may not have given the severity it does (or doesn't?) deserve. This is why I need to drive these cars. At this point in time I'm not sure yet what I want. The 330 GTC is out of reach and may stay that way for quite a long time. Even if this is not the case, there is also no harm in changing at a certain point. This GT should hold it's value very well. So I could consider a 330GTC in 3 or 4 year's time if the funds would be there.

In the meantime, you must have a good time and choose something sensible that is fun as well. I like the timeless appeal of the GT, and I assume the Boxer is a lot more sporty to drive.

At the moment I'm thinking that a 330GT, a 308 Vetro (which I would then look for next year), and a 550 would make for nice mix between classic, sporty and modern quick GT.

But a 550 and a Boxer would also be a great combination, perhaps even with a F430 in a couple of years time. A 550, 330GTC and 308 would also be nice!

Well, I don't know. All I know is I'm going to drive some of these cars within 7 days and then we'll know more. Fact is, I more than like all of them from a theoretical standpoint and all have their merits.

Onno

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Some years ago I had a chance to drive a 330 GT 2+2 Series 1 (the chinese lady) while at the same time owning and driving my 330 GTC. I like the elegant look of the 330 2+2 (both series) but handling wise I think you should not compare them. The GTC is much more agil, light and speedy. (I assume that is what you really want) If money is not ready yet for it..what's the problem with waiting for the right car or the right situation to occur ?:)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Onno, once you get to test drive and compare the characters, you should be able to get a step closer to your choice. Needless to say, there are many variables you must consider here. One suggestion was wait, but prices have been heading north for sure. I suppose the final, determining variable is your own taste/ purpose for owning the "new" addition. They're all wonderful choices w/ pros & cons. Decisions, decisions,...enjoy the process and the climax. Happy searching, Onno. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
16 Posts
212Export: One caution, with single example driving experiences in 40+ year old cars, few are anywhere near at zero differed maintainence, often times modern assumptions about a model are based on a single experience with a deteriorated example, and 2+2 are legends for differed maintence and decades of neglect with most of the neglect in suspension and tune (as the motors are darn near indistructable).

I participated in a side by side comparison of my 365 GTC4 with a good friend's 365 GTB4 the writer who did the piece said he far prefered the C4 to the B4 under 90, after that the B4 (as I did). Suprisingly 0-60 they were nearly identical and 60-0 the C4 had considerably better brakes. Key was both cars were set up perfectly, fully tuned on great engines. While the 330 GTC is lighter and better sprung in the rear, in fact when the cars were new their performance was not that dissimilar. They are both terrific cars that feel significantly different so I would pick it based on which feels right to you, but insuring what I drove was mechanically tight and correct.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
212Export: One caution, with single example driving experiences in 40+ year old cars, few are anywhere near at zero differed maintainence, often times modern assumptions about a model are based on a single experience with a deteriorated example, and 2+2 are legends for differed maintence and decades of neglect with most of the neglect in suspension and tune (as the motors are darn near indistructable).

I participated in a side by side comparison of my 365 GTC4 with a good friend's 365 GTB4 the writer who did the piece said he far prefered the C4 to the B4 under 90, after that the B4 (as I did). Suprisingly 0-60 they were nearly identical and 60-0 the C4 had considerably better brakes. Key was both cars were set up perfectly, fully tuned on great engines. While the 330 GTC is lighter and better sprung in the rear, in fact when the cars were new their performance was not that dissimilar. They are both terrific cars that feel significantly different so I would pick it based on which feels right to you, but insuring what I drove was mechanically tight and correct.
Did you drive the 330 GTC and 365 GTB/4 back to back? Impressions ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts