Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
You have a beautiful car, I love the vintage Ferraris. There are lots of members on here that are at events right now in Europe. Check back on Monday and I'm sure they will have left comments.

WELCOME to the site. Nice to have some vintage owners here. Would it be OK if I use this photo in our register? Nothing personal is ever collected, just information on the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
330 GT s/n 5409

Dr. Bob:

Thanks for your compliment! Yes, I am the fourth owner.

Enzo:
Thanks for your compliment as well.

You are welcome to put my car in the register.

See additional photo. I will add more, including interior.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Very nice Spook

I always thought the 330 GT 2+2 was undervalued, as it's such a nice looking car.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
When I looked at your pictures the first image that popped in my head was Sean Connery saying "Bond, James Bond".

I know James Bond only drove British cars so don't even bother correcting me Bazil. This car just has that 1960's high performance secret agent look about it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ahh a Classic :eek: 8) 8) :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Pete04222 said:
I know James Bond only drove British cars so don't even bother correcting me Bazil.
I wouldn't correct you - the words "BMW Z8" will never pass my lips... :wink:

Pete04222 said:
This car just has that 1960's high performance secret agent look about it.
Too right - it's a definite "good guys" car!!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Bazil said:
I wouldn't correct you - the words "BMW Z8" will never pass my lips... :wink:
Ooh, I forgot about that one. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Here I was sticking up for Mother England and then you come along and shoot me down. Alright, lets chalk up another British Icon to the Germans.

(Ow! That has got to hurt! :green: )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pete04222 said:
When I looked at your pictures the first image that popped in my head was Sean Connery saying "Bond, James Bond".

I know James Bond only drove British cars so don't even bother correcting me Bazil. This car just has that 1960's high performance secret agent look about it.

Actually, my car has a sunroof. I haven't been able to determine whether it is original factory or addon, even though many have ventured opinions. I had hoped that the factory buildsheets might clear up the question but they are about 50% illegible.

Last year I had the interior out except for the driver's seat and a guy who worked at a station where I buy gas used to ask me when I was going to get a new ejection seat. I've had people ask if it was an Aston Martin and say it had the James Bond look, even if it was a Ferrari. The sunroof just adds to the mystique 8) .

See Cavallino Magazine No. 19(1984), page 8, for an article about the first owner of #5409. It is mentioned by serial number in the article.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Alright, lets chalk up another British Icon to the Germans.

Andrew - could you please add a "deeply unimpressed" smiley to the list please - I'd like to use it!!! :green:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Bazil said:
Pete04222 said:
Alright, lets chalk up another British Icon to the Germans.

Andrew - could you please add a "deeply unimpressed" smiley to the list please - I'd like to use it!!! :green:
I knew I got you on that one! I hated to do it but you did set me up. I really had no choice.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Welcome Spook, good to have you here, and it's great to have a classic owner on the site, we don't have many classics around, or that we know of at least

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dj Dirk said:
Welcome Spook, good to have you here, and it's great to have a classic owner on the site, we don't have many classics around, or that we know of at least
Thanks to everyone for their appreciative comments about my car. I would also like to know what other classic or vintage, say pre-1970, Ferraris are registered on this page.

Dr. Bob, is that your 250SWB below your name? Now that's a classic!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
no, I wish it was. It was present at a meeting and the owner was nice enough to put it at a good place for pics for 10 minutes. I'm only 21 and still a student. It will take some time before I have a Ferrari.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Very beautiful car. Ur a lucky guy. Thumbs on on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts