Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Know If When Supplied New A 328 Gts Included An Inspection Light Which Plugs In To Cigarette Lighter ? Also Anyone Know Where Ferrari Decal For Airbox Is Available ?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Do you mean these decals? If so, the dealer I bought my old 328 from said that they had made a stencil that they used to paint the decals on.

Sorry I can't help with the light, I never had one with mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
328gts Original Equipment

Hi archie , thanks for answering, i replied to your kind comments on the other thread re knockhill, i am trying to get the engine bay back to as new, graypaul edinburgh told me decals were available in past but not now ! maybe will have to make up stencil . as regards light have seen two advertised on e-bay but was a little dubious as to item being original supply. am trying to locate material cover for hood when stowed behind seats, any ideas ? regards gavin.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If you try the small ads in the FOC magazine, there is someone who sells original toolkits and wheel braces...etc, he might be able to point you in the right direction with a roof cover. Otherwise, I'd try a professional Ferrari restorer like Nick Cartwrights in Derbyshire. I bought my car from them, it was in near mint condition after they had finished bringing it back up to scratch. The zipped compartment in the boot was torn on my 328, they managed to get a new cover made to the original spec, perhaps they can do the same with the roof cover?
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does Anyone Know If When Supplied New A 328 Gts Included An Inspection Light Which Plugs In To Cigarette Lighter ? Also Anyone Know Where Ferrari Decal For Airbox Is Available ?
Hi Gavin,

Yes....... The inspection light does come with the 328's. BTW... The plug does not fit into the cigarette lighter but to a dedicated hole under the steering column.

This one looks mint and is identical to mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-308-trouble-light-328-gt4-tool-kit-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em14Q2el1318QQhashZitem330247722839QQitemZ330247722839

Good Luck,

Bob.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It's really annoying when sellers of cars strip out factory supplied items and sell them on eBay or in the small adverts. Why can't they just sell them with the car and keep it original? Anything to make a quick buck.
There's a guy in the UK who advertises via the FOC, he encourages people to sell tool kits, luggage sets...etc to him, he then re-sells them to new owners who don't have these items at a profit - a parasite:mad:

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Hi archie , thanks for answering, i replied to your kind comments on the other thread re knockhill, i am trying to get the engine bay back to as new, graypaul edinburgh told me decals were available in past but not now ! maybe will have to make up stencil . as regards light have seen two advertised on e-bay but was a little dubious as to item being original supply. am trying to locate material cover for hood when stowed behind seats, any ideas ? regards gavin.
For 328 supply (factory tools and stuff) you may want to try Barry Cross, [email protected], 001 215 248 4100 (PA). He may have an original lighter. Just a try from the ferrarimarketletter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many Thanks Archie,328gts And 212export For Your Replies, Will Chase Them Up And Let You Know How I Get On. Has Anyone Removed The Tin Drip Tray Under The Rear Bonnet Grill, To Repaint ? I See That It Is Pop Rivetted On, Any Suggestions As To The Best Way Of Removal? Happy Ferrari Motoring To You All.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Many Thanks Archie,328gts And 212export For Your Replies, Will Chase Them Up And Let You Know How I Get On. Has Anyone Removed The Tin Drip Tray Under The Rear Bonnet Grill, To Repaint ? I See That It Is Pop Rivetted On, Any Suggestions As To The Best Way Of Removal? Happy Ferrari Motoring To You All.
Might be worth you sending a PM to alsaautomotive, he's the resident expert on re-painting Ferrari's

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Archie Just To Say Thanks, Contacted Alsaautomotive And Found Him Very Friendly And Very Helpful, Into The Breach As They Say With Drill In Hand !!! Will Do A Before And After Photo....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Gavin,

Yes....... The inspection light does come with the 328's. BTW... The plug does not fit into the cigarette lighter but to a dedicated hole under the steering column.

This one looks mint and is identical to mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-308-trouble-light-328-gt4-tool-kit-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em14Q2el1318QQhashZitem330247722839QQitemZ330247722839

Good Luck,

Bob.
Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting a link to what it looks like. I never bothered to look for the inspection light, but when I checked in the trunk today, there it was in a small plastic pouch. Pretty neat, I never knew the car had one.

Thanks again.
Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
532 Posts
Do you mean these decals? If so, the dealer I bought my old 328 from said that they had made a stencil that they used to paint the decals on.

Sorry I can't help with the light, I never had one with mine.

archie is that a picture of your old 328?, because if it is that is insanely taken care of!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
archie is that a picture of your old 328?, because if it is that is insanely taken care of!
Yes, it was in very good and clean condition. Whilst it may have been pretty to look at, that was also a drawback as I didn't want to dirty it, consequently it became a garage queen. The next Ferrari I own will be driven:D

·
Registered
532 Posts
And Driven Hard!
lol nicely put, that really does prove all ferrari haters wrong when they say" oh but they never drive there cars, and there stuck up PR***s", for one all the people i know who own one drive it atleast every three days, and i know a Guy whos has A YELLOW ENZO! and he drives it to work everysingle day! now to me thats amazing, and every ferrari owner i know, is the farthest from stuck up, iv had atleast four owners say" hey you wana hava seat" im like hell yea! and there never real worried about people touching it or even breathing on it lol :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts