Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 328GTS. What a fantastic car! The only problem I have is fitting into it comfortably, with the top on, as I am 5' 10" tall. The cockpit envelopes my wife as if it were custom made for her. Any suggestions for increasing my headroom (improving my driving posture) without taking the top off?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Try:
-lowering the seat height adjustment
-reclining the seat back (might have to push the seat forward and thus involve adjusting the pedal travel)
-racing seats are low profile
Good luck 8)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I'm 5'10" also and the 308 GTS fits me like a glove and I have no problems with the roof on. Does the 328 have a thicker padded headliner that the 308 is lacking?

I don't know if the 328 has an adjustment for the seat where you can lower it, the 308 does not. You may try reclining the seat a few clicks, like Jungathart suggests, and moving the seat closer to the steering wheel a few clicks. Shouldn't be a problem unless you are long legged, my inseam is 32 inches and like I said, the 308 fits me just fine.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Per both the suggestions above, you can try reclining the seat back or even moving the rails. If this puts the steering wheel in a less comfortable position, then I would add a steering wheel spacer (http://www.hill-engineering.co.uk/homemainferrari.htm) which will help pull the wheel back out a bit. I added one on my 365 BB and it really made a difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the input. I did try reclining the seat back but find the arm position uncomfortable. I'll look for the seat height adjustment today. I assume they are on the seat mounts. I'll also look into the steering wheel spacer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the additional suggestion. It's not leg room that I'm looking for but headroom. I think I'll try the steering column spacer to move the steering wheel back into a more comfortable position as I need to recline the seat back a bit. By the way, there is no height adjustment on the 328 seats. They sit right on the tracks. I welcome any more suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seat height adjustment? I wish! There's no such thing on a 328. Basically, the best that you can do is recline the seat a little and move it back. The steering wheel spacer is a great thing. Get it form Ricambi America as it is cheaper there. I ordered mine straight from Hill and after I realized that I blew 30 dollars by not getting it from Ricambi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts