Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 308 GTB out for our first real run today. Very much still in the getting to know the car stage. It performed very well. It feels much lighter and more nimble than the 512BB but also does not have the neck snapping grunt when you punch the right hand pedal. The pedals also take a bit of getting used to as they are very offset toward the center of the car.

I had to stop for gas in a more rural but still semi suburb area. After getting gas I drove around back to one of the car hand pressure wash areas to hose all the bugs off. It seemed to be father & son day at the car wash. Within 2 minutes of my pulling into the wash bay, I had a small crowd watching me hose various colored bugs off the windshield and front end. All my actions being carefully documented by cell phone cameras. As soon as I finished, a few asked if they could stand next to it and have their pictures taken. After a few minutes and many smiles, I offered to let a couple of the boys sit inthe drivers seat. A couple of the kids took up the offer immediately and to my surprise, so did two of the fathers. It was great to see all the ear to ear grins and share Enzos wonderful creation.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I'm glad you are enjoying the 308! I agree with you about the lightness and nimble feeling. It's like driving a go-kart isn't it? :)

The foot room is a little limited. They had to make room for the front tires so they kind of bunched up the pedals in there. Oh well, worth the trade off. You do get used to it. I've actually had a pair of running sneakers that had wide treads and I couldn't drive the 308 while wearing them.

The car is fun to drive and it does draw some attention.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had the same problem with the 328 with the pedals being so close together. My wife just bought me special driving shoes yesterday. I'll let you know how they work out if it EVER stops raining here.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
That will be a problem for me as well, european size 47 here... And 1,98 metres long. I don't think a lot of classics can handle that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts