Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new to this board. I am curently searching for my first Ferrari and was wondering what a fair price for an 85/86 308GTSi euro spec model would be, it is in very good condition and has approx. 50k miles on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I believe 85/86 is when the 328 was introduced. A average condition 84 308 GTSi/GTBi would run around $26,000 USD. For a good condition 308 $28,000 would be about the max and you can sometimes find them for as low as $22,000 but these will probably need a little work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bob & Enzo..........

I've had Porsches all my life and never a Ferrari, I haven't even driven one but I'm sure the experience is great. Curious as to the H.P. increase over the North American model........any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
214 hp for the EURO model, 205 hp for the US model. I don't know or the euro model got any adjustments because it has to meet smog regulations etc.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
If you are looking at late 308 models and would like more HP perhaps an early 328 would be a better fit. I've driven a 308 and they are a pleasure to drive, lots of fun and an all around great car considering they are 20+ years old. The 328 will give you a little more HP. If possible try to drive both and compare for yourself which you like.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Chas,

The GTSi was the first fuel-injected V8 model, and put out as Dr Bob said 205HP in US and 214 HP in Euro spec. This model finished in late '82.

It was replaced by the GTS QV (Quattrovalvole) = 4-valve motor. This put out 230HP in US and 240HP in Euro spec.

After mid '85 the 308 was replaced by the 328 (3.2litre) with 260HP in US and 270HP in Euro spec. The 328 has different (colour-coded) front & rear bodywork as well as other improvements.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Chas, I have owned both a Porsche and then moved into the Ferrari world. Much prefer the 2nd. Much more involving experience from all angles. Regarding a first Ferrari, I would recommend either tryign to go up a little in price for a 328 or move back 10 years and look for a early carb 308 (preference would be a fiberglass model). The carbs sound great and provide a real acceleration kick. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boxer,

the 328 is a bit out of my price range............therfore looking at an 85 308Gtsi QV Euro spec m odel.

I agree that the 328 would be a better fit...............but $$$$

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
308chas said:
Boxer,

the 328 is a bit out of my price range............therfore looking at an 85 308Gtsi QV Euro spec m odel.

I agree that the 328 would be a better fit...............but $$$$
Suggest you also take a look and test drive a few early 308's with carbs. Then decide which of the 2 you prefer. The carb cars :D are a very different experience.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boxer 42,
what MY Porsches did you own, can you also explain why the F-car rates higher over the P-car.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
308chas, The most recent Porsche I had was a 993 C4. All around it was a very good car that never gave me a problem. Gearbox was easy to use, it handled very well, and accelerated with the best of them. My only concern was it got a bit light at speed. What it did not have in my humble opinion was a lot of character. After 10 minutes of driving it, you knew the car. It was easy. A Ferrari is different. You really have to learn how to drive it. It is a fully involving, challenging, experience that I really enjoy. Hope this makes some sense.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boxer42,
I think I know exactly what you are talking about.........my last P-car was also a 993..........
Just a little to refined for me!!

Thanks for the input. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts